5. Josh Bell (S) DH
6. Andres Gimenez (L) 2B
7. Myles Straw (R) CF
8. Will Brennan (L) RF
9. Cam Gallagher (R) C

Gametime Temp: 64°F
Chance of Precip: 0%

elktonnick

Reportedly Verdugo was benched for not hustling out a ground ball.

elktonnick

Has Cora thrown in the towel by letting Kluber get clobbered? 

longgame

I've got a buddy who has season tickets on the 3B side. Told him I was worried for his safety with our infield.  Of course they didn't even matter in this one.

With any luck I won't have a signal where I'm camping this weekend.

Sea Dog 23

Yikes.  5 hits is not going to win in the AL this year.  I think Sox got 5 hits last night.

elktonnick

So Cora lets Kluber start another inning. He has capitulated.  There are rumors circulating around Boston that Cora is deeply disenchanted with Bloom because of the team he has been given. Is Cora sending Bloom a not too subtle message that his pitching staff is severely overmatched?

markj

MongoLikeSox

Quote from: elktonnick on June 08, 2023, 08:19:12 PM
So Cora lets Kluber start another inning. He has capitulated.  There are rumors circulating around Boston that Cora is deeply disenchanted with Bloom because of the team he has been given. Is Cora sending Bloom a not too subtle message that his pitching staff is severely overmatched?
There is little doubt in my mind that this started happening last season. I thought he started managing with a spiteful attitude with Robles. As if to say to upper management, "This is what you gave me, this is what you get!" If playing match-up ball with the offense is a directive from above, he's giving them an abundance of it to show them it does not work. If it works, he's manager of the year. If he fails, he's playing the cards he's dealt.

As a Red Sox fan and lover of the game, I wish him much success.

MongoLikeSox

Kluber looked like batting practice. We switched channels for the bottom of the 8th.

Casas' home run was mistake. A pop up in dead air. Then went oppo next AB. Middlebrooks called it right, me thinks. That was beyond his years.

If Verdugo was benched for not hustling out a grounder, he needs to do the same with Devers for doing the same. (EDIT: I was wrong about the play in question with Verdugo. Raffy's slow jog was a totally different situation than Verdugo's.)

DP turned in the first inning was awesome to see. No way that gets turned in the past few weeks. Then it went downhill. He miss-played a bit of a tricky short hopper and throws an off-target feed to Kike in a different play.

Decent job overall for Dermody. The second long ball pitch to Ramirez was placed on a tee. 

longgame

I've felt that way for some time.  If you're going to give me slugs than I'll play them.  Watch the stands empty out, front office.

I have no idea what it will take for this organization to wake up but certainly this is the worst I've seen out of this franchise in the John Henry era.  We've had worse seasons, but this is stretching on and getting thin.