5. Taylor Walls (S) 3B
6. Luke Raley (L) LF
7. Manuel Margot (R) CF
8. Vidal Brujan (S) 2B
9. Francisco Mejia (S) C

Gametime Temp: 61°F
Chance of Precip: 15%

elktonnick

Sox continue not to do the little things that cost them runs on defense. Refsnyder should have thrown to second to prevent the batter moving up.  That's a throw you should have learned in little league or Babe Ruth league.  Red Sox are not teaching nor stressing the fundamentals. That is also what happens when you keep moving players around.  They do not master the position.

elktonnick

Another error at shortstop.  This team would make Don Buddin look good.

elktonnick

longgame

To your point yesterday, maybe not changing the lineup every freaking day would help. Of course they had to make a move to get a legit infielder in the lineup for Arroyo but I would have given Kike the day off, even if he did make a nice play in CF.  Of course Arroyo is only good for a month at a time.  But I don’t get the changes every night.

markj

longgame

They're becoming unwatchable again.  We saw this movie last year.

MongoLikeSox

I was surprised to see Cora get tossed on a low strike-3 call.

Is it just me, or did Ort get more compact with his delivery? His strike rate didn't get any better, but still looks like something changed. One thing that didn't change was Cora using a guy the very next day after pitching two innings.

I can't believe they DFA'd Tapia. I thought he was a legit pickup, albeit a duplication with Duran being a LH batting fast OF'er.

Speaking of which, I think Mr Duran's golf grip finally getting spotted and mentioned is worth bringing up. He's not been covering the outside at all this past couple of weeks. The grip? Standing too far away? It's like watching a player that steps into the bucket except that he somehow starts in the bucket, maybe. I really don't know. Once in a while he does connect on the outside and does well.

Quote from: elktonnick on June 05, 2023, 04:27:59 PM
Sox continue not to do the little things that cost them runs on defense. Refsnyder should have thrown to second to prevent the batter moving up.  That's a throw you should have learned in little league or Babe Ruth league.  Red Sox are not teaching nor stressing the fundamentals. That is also what happens when you keep moving players around.  They do not master the position.
Part of throwing to the wrong base is up to a field general. It used to start with Vasquez and Bogey. Our current veteran and SS is just as likely to throw to the wrong base as anyone else when he plays CF.

longgame

Tapia is a good ballplayer. When we played NL teams they raved about him. But he's a but redundant, they have outfielders playing SS after all! DIdn't someone say the other day he was taking some balls at 1B too?