6. Isaac Paredes (R) 3B
7. Taylor Walls (S) SS
8. Manuel Margot (R) CF
9. Francisco Mejia (S) C

Gametime Temp: 50°F
Chance of Precip: 10%

markj

Sea Dog 23

The bats got quiet and Jansen was the poison.  But Jansen had to relieve in both games of the twin bill, as Cora was short a pitcher.  Sox said Joely Rodriquez was not available (a shoulder or biceps issue).

MongoLikeSox

I totally understand keeping Crawford's pitches down to a bull pen outing type of length, but I still would have liked to seen him stay in another inning at least.

Duran finally makes contact in the 9th. Mistake pitch grooved into CF. Siri makes a great catch, though, risky. If he missed cleanly, Duran could had circled the bases. Alas....

Anyone else puzzled why Cora would use Jansen in a tie game when he has just used him to save a game earlier in the day? He's getting on up there age-wise and has shown us this year that pitching when he's a little on the tired side doesn't work.

Nice to have Fred Lynn in the booth for an inning. What an outfield that one was. He was part of that Haywood Sullivan dismantling job. My generation's Henry/Bloom dismantling, except Sullivan did it in an 8-week off-season stretch while getting rid of none of the pitching staff that was the real problem of the team. Still hurts to this day. 

longgame

I didn't see the day game and was surprised that Jansen had pitched in it. I don't get the Sox whining about pitching either. They would have had a game the day before so wouldn't they have been in the same position?  How many times are they going to take the field with a sub-optimal team?