7. Whit Merrifield (R) 2B
8. Santiago Espinal (R) 3B
9. Kevin Kiermaier (L) CF

Gametime Temp: 49°F
Chance of Precip: 7%

Schloicka

Schloicka

BoSoxFanNY

Have to like how our Sox are playing right now!
WHO would have thought that they would win at least
3 games in this 4 game series vs. Toronto?

Love the offense!
Keep it going!

markj

BoSoxFanNY

longgame

They’ve matched the number of wins they had against Toronto last year.  The key to me is we actually have an outfield that is hitting for power.  Overall they are well on the pace to hit a lot more homers than last year.  Last night everyone got a hit too.  They’re getting hits up and down the lineup as opposed to last year when if Raffy and Bogey didn’t score they were toast. 

MongoLikeSox

Devers notches only his 2nd error on the year. I hope this small number continues.

I don't think anyone expected Duran to even be in the organization, let alone getting reps in protecting (batting behind) Devers.

Funny thing, two nights ago Jahmai's mini-report on the Red Sox hitting coach talking about getting Yoshida to just focus on what he did to get here a week or two ago. Who'da thunk it? This is not the first unforced course revision the Sox have made this year. Good for them.

Pivetta with a nice start again. Sox now with 6 Quality Starts, creeping up the charts to T23rd in MLB. Wasn't long ago that we were the last teams standing without one.

I hope Crawford is OK.   

Sea Dog 23

The Sox bullpen is getting the job done, with the lone exception of Jansen losing the save the other night.   

There will be some tough decisions made on the 40 man when all those players come off the IL in June-July.  Paxton about ready, then Whitlock, Joely Rod, Mondesi, Duvall, Chang, Story.

MongoLikeSox

I read this morning that Paxton's rehab expires on May 8th. That's often worked around, of course. One more rehab start. Sunday, IIRC)? He might slide into Crawford's MLB Active Roster slot is Crawford is injured long enough. Interesting to note, though, that Paxton and Joely both began the season as short-term Injured List status. They're already on the 40-man and don't need anything more than demotions.

Who to demote starts getting difficult once you get past Joely for Bernardino. The decision on Paxton and Whitlock is only less complicated if Crawford is hurt and/or if Bello has a rough start. The actual roles could be hard to decide.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: MongoLikeSox on May 04, 2023, 08:03:09 AM
Devers notches only his 2nd error on the year. I hope this small number continues.

I don't think anyone expected Duran to even be in the organization, let alone getting reps in protecting (batting behind) Devers.

Funny thing, two nights ago Jahmai's mini-report on the Red Sox hitting coach talking about getting Yoshida to just focus on what he did to get here a week or two ago. Who'da thunk it? This is not the first unforced course revision the Sox have made this year. Good for them.

Pivetta with a nice start again. Sox now with 6 Quality Starts, creeping up the charts to T23rd in MLB. Wasn't long ago that we were the last teams standing without one.

I hope Crawford is OK.

Three straight over the Jays is quite impressive considering we only beat them three times all last year (3-15).  Pivetta finally pitched a decent quality game and the hitting was outstanding. Let us finish the job tonight to really turn a hat trick of the best variety, a four gamer.  I'm glad they gave Durren another shot because I was sure Cora's jerking this guy around was hurting his chances to survive.  A win tonight would put a cap of success on this four game series with Toronto.

MongoLikeSox

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on May 04, 2023, 03:15:58 PM

..................  I'm glad they gave Durren another shot because I was sure Cora's jerking this guy around was hurting his chances to survive.  ........
I agreed with you on Cora's handling of Duran, but I reversed course after in KC that series when he got into argument with their fans and had an awful time of it playing CF to begin with. He followed that up with blurting out frustrations to the press. This was just a week or two after the Fenway lost ball in the lights episode. The way the press got on him, I just assumed he had ticked everyone off so bad that some trade was sure to happen in the off season.

And now it looks like I need to reverse course again.