6. Gio Urshela (R) 1B
7. Luis Rengifo (S) LF
8. Brandon Drury (R) 2B
9. Logan O'Hoppe (R) C

Gametime Temp: 56°F
Chance of Precip: 15%

SeaBeachFred

Sea Dog 23

Martin is not available to pitch today.  Headed to the IL with sore arm and shoulder.  Kutter is probably on a bus.

Edit - Cora said Jake Faria is the guy theyre bringing up for the BP spot.

Sea Dog 23

When I saw the call to Ort in the 8th,  a big GULP for me.  Then when it was Brasier in the 9th, wow, shades of 22.  eeked out a win and this series.

But we are digging a small hole for RH relief  with Martin going down, and I think they said Mills was going on the 60 day.  Could be Houck sees himself in the pen coming up with Bello ready to start.

Schloicka

Nice to win a series. Decent pitching overall. A win is a win. On to Monday.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on April 16, 2023, 03:03:53 PM
When I saw the call to Ort in the 8th,  a big GULP for me.  Then when it was Brasier in the 9th, wow, shades of 22.  eeked out a win and this series.

But we are digging a small hole for RH relief  with Martin going down, and I think they said Mills was going on the 60 day.  Could be Houck sees himself in the pen coming up with Bello ready to start.

Whitlock pitched a helluva game today, seven innings of three hit ball and made a 2-1 lead stand up.  The big shock was seeing Ort get a shaky hold in the 8th and Brasier a one-two- three inning in the ninth.  These close wins against a contending team does give you a hope that  maybe we're not as bad as I think we are.  The Angels played right into our hands the first three games with mistake after mistake.  I guess other teams can make them against us too.  A big series win before we have to face Ohtani tomorrow in the Boston Marathon game, and I'll gladly take it.

longgame

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on April 16, 2023, 03:03:53 PM

Wasn’t able to catch them Friday or Saturday but caught most of the game on radio today driving home from the mountains.  I almost drove off the road with both of those moves, but somehow they pulled through.  Whitlock was great.

Do they sweep tomorrow and keep up the sweep or get swept streak?

MongoLikeSox

The Sox claimed another dumpster fire from the Mariners today. 2 games in AAA with a 12.00 ERA. Actually pitched very well last year in their AAA club - mid 2 ERA.

I'm sure nobody didn't see Martin's over-use already.

But we won today! Whitlock throws 99 pitches and nails down 7 IP.

Gotta feel bad for Kelly. Already on the 60-day. Waiting on his surgeon from 3 years ago to comment on the MRI before deciding which way to go. It sounds like crappy news or really crappy news.