5. Hunter Renfroe (R) RF
6. Jake Lamb (L) 1B
7. Brandon Drury (R) 2B
8. Luis Rengifo (S) SS
9. Logan O'Hoppe (R) C

Gametime Temp: 58°F
Chance of Precip: 3%

markj

Sox get a couple back to tie it up, but as usual, no clutch hitting. Turner leaves the bases loaded.

markj

Schloicka

Sea Dog 23

Turnabout is fair play.  The Angels were the crappy defensive team tonight.  3 errors, passed balls, helped by 2 HBP, 6 walks.  Heck the Sox got only 5 hits,  went 1-12 with runners on base  I'm not sure how those batters 5 thru 9 will ever help us this year, but they somehow got around the bases today.  A win is a win.

MongoLikeSox

I didn't see a bit.

Looked like Houck fought through an off night. 90 pitches in 4IP, 56 strikes. I hope he stays in the rotation enough to find his way through all of that. This is part of developing pitchers that needs to happen. It's not magic. It's work and patience. Oh, and I think intelligence. Not sure on that. I don't watch what other teams do close enough. LOL

Anyone with a Yu Chang break-out date?

SeaBeachFred

The Angels did everything to give us the game and we took it.  Good way to come back from a deficit and pull out a win.  I wish we could do this more often but to open a series against  the improving Angels with a win is a good game for us.