5. Luke Raley (L) RF
6. Harold Ramirez (R) DH
7. Taylor Walls (S) 3B
8. Josh Lowe (L) CF
9. Francisco Mejia (S) C

Gametime Temp: 82°F
Chance of Precip: 0%

longgame

Two major leaguers at the top of the lineup, one of whom, Turner, continues to struggle.  I'm fine with Refsnyder as a replacement guy but he has to step it up.  Beyond that they probably have 5 hits between them on the season.

longgame

Quote from: longgame on April 13, 2023, 08:49:34 AM
Two major leaguers at the top of the lineup, one of whom, Turner, continues to struggle.  I'm fine with Refsnyder as a replacement guy but he has to step it up.  Beyond that they probably have 5 hits between them on the season.

Had to look it up - Verdugo and Turner have 26 hits, the rest of the lineup today has 30.

1. Alex Verdugo (L) RF   16
2. Justin Turner (R) DH   10
3. Rob Refsnyder (R) LF   3
4. Triston Casas (L) 1B   5
5. Bobby Dalbec (R) 3B   2
6. Enrique Hernandez (R) CF   5
7. Reese McGuire (L) C   9
8. Yu Chang (R) SS   0
9. Christian Arroyo (R) 2B   6

Pumpsie Green

Sea Dog 23

man o' man.  Kluber was cruising along through 4 with a 3-1 lead.  Then the bottom fell out in the 5th with 7 runs.  Bleier gets a share of the blame there too.  Folks, we just don't have anybody that can get batters out at crucial parts of the game.  Sale and Kluber have proved that the last two days. Maybe Pivetta, but he was projected as your back of rotation guy.

Pumpsie Green

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on April 13, 2023, 02:34:39 PM
man o' man.  Kluber was cruising along through 4 with a 3-1 lead.  Then the bottom fell out in the 5th with 7 runs.  Bleier gets a share of the blame there too.  Folks, we just don't have anybody that can get batters out at crucial parts of the game.  Sale and Kluber have proved that the last two days. Maybe Pivetta, but he was projected as your back of rotation guy.

They are ALL back of the rotation guys

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Pumpsie Green on April 13, 2023, 02:32:27 PM
This team is going to be totally unwatchable this year.

Pumpsie, the game was on Direct TV's MLB channel.------I DIDN'T WATCH THE GAME, NOT ONE AT-BAT AND HAVEN'T WATCHED A RED SOX GAME SINCE THE SECOND GAME AGAINST THE ORIOLES.  It isn't worth my time and I will not watch anything Red Sox until Chaim Bloom and Alex Cora are fired.  Bloom has been a total failure at a Baseball Ops Director.  His trades have been an abomination, and he simply does not know how to judge talent.  As for that FRC, there is no way the guy should have ever been rehired after it was proven that he was the brains behind the Houston Astros cheating scandal in 2017.  How Henry could employ those two wastrels tells also what kind of a dirt bag Henry is.

MongoLikeSox

Well, this was fun, wasn't it?  Get a lead, lose a lead.

After trade bust #45 failed to hold the line on Klubers 4+, Youk gets himself a little excited with a "this is turning into a wild game!!!" I think I saw 2-3 more runs score before I killled the feed. I saw 2 Sox runs and a boat load of Rays' runs over the span of about 20 minutes. Their runs, though. It was so quick. We got run the hell over.

Celtics, 3:30 against the Hawks on Saturday!

Sea Dog 23

Yes, the Celtics and Bruins playoffs are the talk of Boston.  Even the Pats draft talk is taking what little pub the Sox had opening the season, in such a horrendous beginning as it is.

longgame

Quote from: MongoLikeSox on April 13, 2023, 05:38:52 PM
Well, this was fun, wasn't it?  Get a lead, lose a lead.

After trade bust #45 failed to hold the line on Klubers 4+, Youk gets himself a little excited with a "this is turning into a wild game!!!" I think I saw 2-3 more runs score before I killled the feed. I saw 2 Sox runs and a boat load of Rays' runs over the span of about 20 minutes. Their runs, though. It was so quick. We got run the hell over.

Celtics, 3:30 against the Hawks on Saturday!

I was so happy to see them actually in the lead.  Did a couple work things and then had to run a couple of errands.  Bring it up in the car and I think it was 7-3.  They seem to lose games in a hurry.

Canes clinch their division.  They may be the only team that can put up a fight against the Bruins.  So there's that.

I'm heading for the hills for a couple of days of camping, won't have cell signal and therefore won't be able to ruin my trip to listen to the Sox!