5. Luke Raley (L) RF
6. Harold Ramirez (R) DH
7. Isaac Paredes (R) 3B
8. Manuel Margot (R) CF
9. Christian Bethancourt (R) C

Gametime Temp: 75°F
Chance of Precip: 0%

MongoLikeSox

I hope Pivetta has one of his gems against the Rays tonight.

The Sox moved Kluber's next start to the day after Sale's start instead of tomorrow. Kind of odd, I thought. I didn't see anything written about it.

Sea Dog 23

Mongo, I saw one source saying Whitlock is slated to pitch on Tuesday.  I think his last rehab start was last week at Portland.  I hope he's ready for some hot Rays bats.

longgame

Quote from: MongoLikeSox on April 10, 2023, 10:21:01 AM
I hope Pivetta has one of his gems against the Rays tonight.

The Sox moved Kluber's next start to the day after Sale's start instead of tomorrow. Kind of odd, I thought. I didn't see anything written about it.

With Whitlock coming back they can throw the lefty Sale in between the two righties. 

longgame

Kike stays at SS, to keep expectations at SS low apparently.  Refsnyder in CF and hitting #5.  Devers, Turner and Yoshida are going to have to drive the offense. 

Change in starting pitcher, our old friend Jalen "Jar-Jar" Beeks.  I'm guessing he's going as an opener and they're throwing a bullpen game? 

markj

Rays could easily be 13-0 after this series. If the Sox couldn't even handle the Pirates...

Sea Dog 23

Good job by Pivetta in his 5 innings.  Only 3 hits.  As far as the offense, you aren't beating much of anybody on 2 hits, unless their out of the park hits.

elktonnick

Once again Sox pull an effective starter after 5 innings.  The bullpen will be toast by August if this will be their pattern for the year.

MongoLikeSox

The Red Sox are one of 3 teams left in MLB without a Quality Start. Interestingly enough, the team we seem to clamor to be just like lead the way with 7 so far.

elktonnick

BoSoxFanNY

Sox lose 1 - 0.
Rays are 10 -0.

AND yet, the Sox pitched well.
One solo home run in the bottom of the 8th inning was the game.

Closest Sox got was in the top of the 8th inning - bases loaded with two outs and
Devers strikes out.

DANG IT.

MongoLikeSox

Hats off to Pivetta for another good outing in the Trop. I thought the location varied enough to give him a fair shot at keep them off balance. 64% strikes could be better, but was not awful. Especially the waist pitches the Sox throw.

Someone said worn out bull pen by July again. I dug into the numbers just a little bit. Sure enough, by way of comparison, we've taken the first step towards that. The Red Sox have 6 relief pitchers with 5 games or more. The entire AL has 51, or an average of 3.4 per team. One of ours(Martin) has 6, who gave up the game losing home run last night.

We also have 4 of the top 23 relief pitchers' Innings Pitched. 6 of the top 60 with 5IP or more. Winckowski has 9 IP, ranking him 5th in the league for relievers. Winckowski is also tied for 3rd on the entire Sox pitching staff. One inning behind the co-leaders. 

It's early yet. It's not like we've had many chances to squeeze out another inning to get a Quality Start. 4 by my count. Look on the bright side. Our staff ranks all the way up to 9th in the AL in ERA. Better than last? (I'm trying here...)

longgame

Game was over when Raffy struck out looking with the bases loaded after trying to hit the first few pitches to Worcester.  Last night he struck out looking 3 times. For a guy who swings at pretty much anything that's a tough stat.  You just knew though that the Rays would score in the bottom of the inning. 

Hopefully they can stop them today.

Loved the early start and 2 hour game though.