6. Ke'Bryan Hayes (R) 3B
7. Canaan Smith-Njigba (L) LF
8. Ji Hwan Bae (L) 2B
9. Tyler Heineman (S) C

Gametime Temp: 49°F
Chance of Precip: 5%

elktonnick

longgame

Started to get my hopes up that the Sox could go a few innings without giving up homers or stolen bases, but wondering why would I think that was possible?

elktonnick

Strahm held the Yankees scoreless for 4 innings.  Wished we had pitchers like him.  Oh we did until Bloom decided he did not want to keep him.

Sea Dog 23

Who is this pitcher for the Bucs?  Two hits in the 1st inning, only one other hit going to the7th.

MongoLikeSox

I was surprised to see the box score to discover we only struck out 5 times? Last couple years, a 1-run outburst was an easy 10+ K's. Kike got 2 of the 5, so the universe isn't totally pulled inside out.

Winckowski's pen stint is off to a decent start. I don't see so much speed increase as I do mound presence. Maybe confidence.

I didn't get to watch much of the game. Celtics and Canes were on, in between a 15 minute ISP outage. I did hear some conversation about "which starter are you looking forward to coming back the most?" conversation. Nope! I switched it right back.

MongoLikeSox

Incredible. The MLB Sox site is calling McGuires Past Ball a "fluke play". Please!!!!!!    sigh