GAME #1 - THURSDAY, MARCH 30, 2023 - BALTIMORE ORIOLES @ BOSTON RED SOX

Started by markj, March 29, 2023, 09:07:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

markj

Then Kelly comes in and throws wild on the first pitch to give up a run.

markj

Then he walks two to bring in another run. Two free runs in 3 batters.

SeaBeachFred

Four and a half innings and it's already a Shakesperian Tragedy.  We had all better batten down our hatches and j ust understand what we already deeply know in our guts---THIS TEAM IS NOT BUILT TO WIN AND IS LED BY A CHEAP AND STUPID OWNER, A ROTTEN CHEATER FOR A MANAGER AND A BUMBLING IDIOT AS HEAD OF BASEBALL OPS.  We will have to endure this but I did plan ahead by discontinuing my contract with MLB TV.  Maybe I did see what was in store for us this season.   Very sad my friends.

markj

I did the same, Fred. I'm not paying to watch this lousy team and I'm sick of being force fed the same stupid commercial 18 times during a game.

MongoLikeSox

this is ugly. 9 walks? Kluber with a career high? That much I have a hard time with, but if he sets a career high for 4 innings with 4 BB, we need to check the water.

Sea Dog 23

It's now 8-2.  Just one move that defines these two teams goals.  Baltimore bolsters their staff getting a Phils pitcher Gibson whodid good work in the World Series run last year.  Our MGT took a big chance on an up and down guy Kluber, who had trouble with the AL East last year.  Obviously the gamble may have backfired right before our eyes.  Just one position move.

MongoLikeSox

Devers could win a batting title if he stayed that disciplined for most of a year. He was a mile out in front, but was not trying to cream it. The result? Lays it out to LF for a hit with a recovery swing. 

longgame

I just poked my head in as I had it on in the other room and then quickly turned around.  What a mess.  Someone just ripped a double for the O's as I walked in. Next guy bunts him over effortlessly. 

I couldn't tell how many people bothered t show up.

Sea Dog 23

Some weird stats.  O's have had 20 base runners in 7 innings.  4 stolen bases to Boston's none, wow.  I don't know how many walks, but I remembered 8 at the last check.

elktonnick

MongoLikeSox

8 walks, 5 stolen bases and one harmless error. We grounded into two 4-6-3's by my count.

Kike is not afraid to go to 3b on a play to SS if he's got a chance. Devers better get used to it and be ready.

This clock rule needs to be adjusted before it goes nuts.

markj

markj

Wow, O's had this game won on an easy DP and blew it. Now 10-9.

markj

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: markj on March 30, 2023, 04:23:13 PM
Sox lose 10-9 on a K.

And Brasier and Ort, two pathetic excuses for pitchers gave up six runs, numerous hits, and walks and bad pitches------why the hell are they even on the team.  It's is like these two turds have some hold on Bloomer Puke.  You know this is just the beginning......We could lose 100-110 games this season. Wake up Henry before this gets out of hand.  Fire Bloom now now now now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  He had totally ruined this team with is shitty trades, poor signings and just plain incompetence.  He may be the worst front office employee we have.