5. Gunnar Henderson (L) DH
6. Ramon Urias (R) 3B
7. Austin Hays (R) RF
8. Adam Frazier (L) 2B
9. Jorge Mateo (R) SS

Gametime Temp: 33°F
Chance of Precip: 0%

Sea Dog 23

I watched a video of the O's game on Tuesday.  They still have a few vets like Mountcastle, Mullins, Santander.  But they are going for the youth movement in some respects.  It will be interesting to rate Boston and Balt. on how the young kids progress this year.  Our Casas and Bello against their young stars like Rutschman and Henderson.

markj

Try to keep game threads focused on what's happening (or happened) in the actual game of the day. Other discussions can go into Red Sox News. Or maybe I'll create a generic discussion board.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: markj on March 29, 2023, 12:56:55 PM
Try to keep game threads focused on what's happening (or happened) in the actual game of the day. Other discussions can go into Red Sox News. Or maybe I'll create a generic discussion board.

And markj, let's please hope that we have some very good news to share by the end of the week.  Kluber had better be able to spot his pitches and stay out the red zone because he doesn't have that 95 heater he had in his salad days with the Indians.  And Cora has to put the right people on the field and stifle himself from trying to pla y his favorite(s) over the better player.  He has been notorious for that in my opinion.  Keep our fingers crossed and hope for a good start after puking our guts out the second part of the Grapefruit League season.

markj

Here we go again with the last minute lineups. 4hrs to game time and no idea who's playing.

longgame

Quote from: markj on March 30, 2023, 09:09:10 AM
Here we go again with the last minute lineups. 4hrs to game time and no idea who's playing.

I was just thinking the same as I came in to update them.  Probably have to figure out who didn't hurt themselves on the ride home!

longgame

Game time temp now posted at 33.  That's at least 50 degrees cooler than South Florida!

markj

Not sure where they're getting their weather data from, but it's already 38F in Boston. Still cold for baseball, though.

Sea Dog 23

Dang it.  Lots of blackouts on MLBTV today.  Sox game, Braves, and I think Astros game.

Sea Dog 23

Rutschman gets the O's on the board with a solo shot in the 1st.  Then gives up two walks after getting an out.  But he gets out of it.  1-0.

MongoLikeSox

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on March 30, 2023, 12:57:43 PM
Dang it.  Lots of blackouts on MLBTV today.  Sox game, Braves, and I think Astros game.
Uzzu TV. All hockey, basketball, baseball and most football. (national night games on regular TV/Cable)  All regional sports channels, too. $110, or something like that. Home and away options for MLB, NBA and NHL.

MongoLikeSox

OK, so first pitch clock gripe. Maybe wait until < 5 seconds instead of 10 seconds?  To show it on the NESn score window on the top left, I mean.

Sea Dog 23

Verdugo triples and scores on a groundout by Raffy.  1-1.

Kluber is up to about 45 pitches with 2 outs in the 2nd.  as many balls as strikes.

Sea Dog 23

Kluber is getting crushed in the 4th.  A 2-run blast makes it 3-1, sandwiched around a couple of doubles.  Radio guys are saying O's are hitting everything Kluber is throwing.  Kelly is coming in.

Kelly walks two and throws a wild pitch, giving them 2 more.  It's 5-1.  That's about what we expected.  Obviously Kluber is not a cold weather pitcher?

markj

Kluber can't even get past the 4th. Gonna be a long season. Meanwhile, Coles sets a Yankee's Opening Day K record before the 4th inning.