ALDS GAME #3, MONDAY, OCTOBER 8, 2018, BOSTON RED SOX AT NY YANKEES

Started by longgame, October 08, 2018, 12:33:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bear

Schloicka

Quote from: markj on October 08, 2018, 08:40:31 PM
Minimal damage. Chalk up another good inning for Eovaldi.

To bad the guy who scored got on because Eovaldi didn't field his position.

Schloicka

elktonnick

Quote from: Schloicka on October 08, 2018, 08:46:11 PM
Quote from: markj on October 08, 2018, 08:40:31 PM
Minimal damage. Chalk up another good inning for Eovaldi.

To bad the guy who scored got on because Eovaldi didn't field his position.

That was a reflex reaction by Eovaldi one that most pitchers make.  In any event, he is the most effective pitcher the Sox have had against the Yankees yet.

Schloicka

elktonnick

This play by play announcers is beginning to irritate me.  You think we are listening to the Yankees home broadcast.

markj

Mute button, Elk. They almost put me to sleep earlier, so I muted them.

markj

JD needs to do something here besides wave at pitches off the plate.

markj

markj

longgame

Eovaldi has been impressive.   Mostly because he’s hitting his spots and changing speeds.  Unlike most other Sox pitchers he isn’t afraid of the Yankee pitchers.  Vazquez deserves credit for not calling breaking balls in the dirt every other pitch, unlike Leon.

Should be interesting tomorrow to see if Cora goes back to Kinsler and Leon in particular.  They have both been totally outplayed by their teammates.  I can see going back to Nunez though versus CC. 

Anyone else raise an eyebrow when they said that Kinsler was in for defense but that meant moving Holt to 1B?  I’d be concerned if both Pearce and Moreland were hurt.

Schloicka

7 innings. 97 pitches. Great outing. Sox should be able to muddle through 2 more innings.

longgame

Quote from: elktonnick on October 08, 2018, 09:17:31 PM
This play by play announcers is beginning to irritate me.  You think we are listening to the Yankees home broadcast.

They really love Judge more than anything else.  Positively gushing over him any chance they can get.

markj

Schloicka

Quote from: longgame on October 08, 2018, 09:42:57 PM
Eovaldi has been impressive.   Mostly because he’s hitting his spots and changing speeds.  Unlike most other Sox pitchers he isn’t afraid of the Yankee pitchers.  Vazquez deserves credit for not calling breaking balls in the dirt every other pitch, unlike Leon.

Should be interesting tomorrow to see if Cora goes back to Kinsler and Leon in particular.  They have both been totally outplayed by their teammates.  I can see going back to Nunez though versus CC. 

Anyone else raise an eyebrow when they said that Kinsler was in for defense but that meant moving Holt to 1B?  I’d be concerned if both Pearce and Moreland were hurt.

Think they just wanted better defense overall. Didn't want to take Holt out so moved him over to 1st and put Kinsler in Pearces spot in order.