MJ Melendez (L)   LF
Freddy Fermin (R) C
Drew Waters (S) RF
Matt Duffy (R) 3B
Kyle Isbel (L) CF

Gametime Temp: 81°F
Chance of Precip: 0%

longgame

Last time they had Pivetta come out from the bullpen to start the game to sort of "trick" him into not thinking about it as a start.  Oh the fragility of this team!  We really need a good outing from him, this bullpen is running on fumes.

MongoLikeSox

I didn't see it, but it looks like Whitlock did OK in his rehab outing today. 2.1IP, 2H, 0R and 3k's. 46 pitches, 72% strikes.

MongoLikeSox

Barraclough and Walter called up. Lamet DFA'd and Robertson optioned to Worcester. I'm kind of rooting for Barraclough. Formwr MLB reliever who started bouncing around with age. Ended up going to Independent Ball in NC this year at age 33 and became a Starter. We signed him a couple of months ago. He's been doing quite well. 2.57 ERA in 8 games with a 1.04 WHIP.

Talk about picking up and moving on. Check out his baseball reference site stat sheet.https://www.baseball-reference.com/register/player.fcgi?id=barrac000kyl

longgame

Quote from: MongoLikeSox on August 09, 2023, 03:19:21 PM
Barraclough and Walter called up. Lamet DFA'd and Robertson optioned to Worcester. I'm kind of rooting for Barraclough. Formwr MLB reliever who started bouncing around with age. Ended up going to Independent Ball in NC this year at age 33 and became a Starter. We signed him a couple of months ago. He's been doing quite well. 2.57 ERA in 8 games with a 1.04 WHIP.

Talk about picking up and moving on. Check out his baseball reference site stat sheet.https://www.baseball-reference.com/register/player.fcgi?id=barrac000kyl

One way to keep your bullpen "fresh", just run anyone out there for a few innings. Fan tryouts by labor day to save some arms?

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: longgame on August 09, 2023, 08:37:52 AM
Last time they had Pivetta come out from the bullpen to start the game to sort of "trick" him into not thinking about it as a start.  Oh the fragility of this team!  We really need a good outing from him, this bullpen is running on fumes.

Once again Cora is trying to show everyone how smart he is and actually thinks he can get away with this nonsense.  Pivetta knows he is starting and all the trickery in the world won't be able to hide it from him or anyone else.  Let him come in the game in the second inning and we might just get six strong innings from him.  Cora's stupidity simply astounds me.  He is of the opinion he can make players think red is green.  Please Henry get rid of both our mental midgets after this season.

Now can we actually win a series again???????  I sure hope so because I am about at my wits end with this fragile and bumbling group.

Sea Dog 23

Either the Royals have lights-out good pitchers, or Boston's big hitters are mired in a slump.
This has been going on for most of the last three series.

longgame

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on August 09, 2023, 06:34:14 PM
Either the Royals have lights-out good pitchers, or Boston's big hitters are mired in a slump.

KC’s hitters are now literally lights out!  I’ve never seen that before - ball hit the wall, broke one of the out lights and stayed there!

Schloicka

Quote from: longgame on August 09, 2023, 06:37:04 PM
Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on August 09, 2023, 06:34:14 PM

KC’s hitters are now literally lights out!  I’ve never seen that before - ball hit the wall, broke one of the out lights and stayed there!

Saved us a run too.

Schloicka

Pivetta with the win. Janzen held on for the save. On to Thursday.

Sea Dog 23

Jansen's 9th was not totally convincing, giving the homer.  Sox bullpen likely running on fumes with the injuries up top.  But a win is a win.

A wicked turn of events, pitcher Lorenzen of the Tigers was available at the deadline for Sox.  Dombrowski snagged him, and he pitched a no-no last night for the Phils.

MongoLikeSox

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on August 10, 2023, 05:24:15 AM
Jansen's 9th was not totally convincing, giving the homer.  Sox bullpen likely running on fumes with the injuries up top.  But a win is a win.

A wicked turn of events, pitcher Lorenzen of the Tigers was available at the deadline for Sox.  Dombrowski snagged him, and he pitched a no-no last night for the Phils.
Were the Sox even kicking the tires on him? The Tigers got what is now their #6 prospect. Our closest comp might be Edison Paulino (#8). Got skills and all, but 3rd or worse on the totem pole in his positions.

It was nice to see that one game fall into place pitching wise. It sucks when that game happens and it doesn't work. I hope Paxton can go 7 tonight.

elktonnick