GAME #1, MARCH 29, 2018, BOSTON RED SOX V TAMPA BAY RAYS

Started by Bear, March 28, 2018, 08:43:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill-806

1st game is in the books, we move forward again tonight........  As  DAD would say, "SON, yesterday hurt as much as it did when all the girls would hang up on you on the big TELE PHONE" !!  moveon.org  iono iono

Sea Dog 23

I had a terrible thought last night.  One poster here said last week that we "babied the staff" in ST.  If that's the case, starters will get yanked on short pitch counts, then we'll see what is really in that bullpen.  I hope Cora has those young arms in AAA on speed dial. (I can really only recall two new guys --- Haley and Walden --- Poyner is already close by).  'cause the vets in the BP are just that, old or recycled vets that every ALEast contender knows all about.

Bill-806

Please help out this "OLD SALT"...... In all the excitement yesterday, not sure if I was DREAMING, but it looks like my post about a "bad dream" due to yesterdays game thread being dated APRIL 29 was REMOVED, why would that be ??? PLEASE SPLAIN ??  ALSO, Game 2 thread for Saturday has me confused again, I thought that game 2 was TONIGHT (FRIDAY)....... Boy, I must be loosing it !! iono iono iono rofl rofl rofl

Sea Dog 23

Quote from: Bill-806 on March 30, 2018, 07:44:48 AM
Please help out this "OLD SALT"...... In all the excitement yesterday, not sure if I was DREAMING, but it looks like my post about a "bad dream" due to yesterdays game thread being dated APRIL 29 was REMOVED, why would that be ??? PLEASE SPLAIN ??  ALSO, Game 2 thread for Saturday has me confused again, I thought that game 2 was TONIGHT (FRIDAY)....... Boy, I must be loosing it !! iono iono iono rofl rofl rofl

If you think you're losing it, whaddaya think young Cora feels like today?  (quoting John Lester, "there are 162 games, but every game in Boston is like the 7th game of the World Series")

Bill-806

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on March 30, 2018, 07:55:37 AM
Quote from: Bill-806 on March 30, 2018, 07:44:48 AM

If you think you're losing it, whaddaya think young Cora feels like today?  (quoting John Lester, "there are 162 games, but every game in Boston is like the 7th game of the World Series")
And that my friend is a "B I N G O" !!! rofl rofl rofl

elktonnick

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on March 30, 2018, 07:27:33 AM
I had a terrible thought last night.  One poster here said last week that we "babied the staff" in ST.  If that's the case, starters will get yanked on short pitch counts, then we'll see what is really in that bullpen.  I hope Cora has those young arms in AAA on speed dial. (I can really only recall two new guys --- Haley and Walden --- Poyner is already close by).  'cause the vets in the BP are just that, old or recycled vets that every ALEast contender knows all about.

I attended 5 st games and Cora did baby the starters and in doing so almost resulted in serious injury to Sale by instructing him to pitch at 80% effort on his fastball.  A hard hit comebacker resulted in the hip contussion.  It could have been a disaster.  It is obvious that the Sox are going to coddle their starters and rely on the pen more this year than any year in recent history. 

Cora needs to get his act together on bullpen management.  BTW Kelly wasn't lights out his last week in ST.  This was an avoidable disaster.  I know its only the first game but I am not impressed.

longgame

First of all, that game was putrid.  Second, and most importantly, it was something of a repeat of last year - Sale pitches well, the offense doesn't get enough except when it is given to them, the bullpen comes in and blows it. 

I was disappointed in Cora for not getting Kelly out of there sooner, ditto Smith who stunk.  That's the real problem here.   

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on March 30, 2018, 07:27:33 AM

Wel said Sea Dog.  We will see.  We also have another John Farrell on our hands.  It is incredible just how crappy a job Cora did yesterday.  It was pathetic.  The only way the team can make up for it is to win THE NEXT THREE GAMES AGAINST THE RAYS.  Hearing bullshit that , well, at least we got a split is going to cut it.  We have to win the next three games period.  No more shitty excuses.  Yesterday was a total bummer.   And get Bradley out of that damn lineup and put Martinez in left field and keep him there.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: longgame on March 30, 2018, 08:44:15 AM
First of all, that game was putrid.  Second, and most importantly, it was something of a repeat of last year - Sale pitches well, the offense doesn't get enough except when it is given to them, the bullpen comes in and blows it. 

I was disappointed in Cora for not getting Kelly out of there sooner, ditto Smith who stunk.  That's the real problem here.

The problem can also be helped by getting Bradley out of the lineup.  W hy so many people keep defending that guy with their silence is absurd.  He has no freakin' business being in the lineup.  He has played his way out of it and I expect his ass to be on the bench today or I'm going to howl and keep howling.  And give Walden and Poyner a chance.  They can't be any worse than Meltdown Kelly or Fatso Smith.