GAME #1, MARCH 29, 2018, BOSTON RED SOX V TAMPA BAY RAYS

Started by Bear, March 28, 2018, 08:43:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

elktonnick

Kelly and Smith may have been the instrumentalities for this debacle but the author was Cora.  I blame his inexperience with Kelly and his history of complete melt downs.  Kelly may have a great sense of humor and be a wonderful clubhouse guy but first things first.

SeaBeachFred

I don't know why any of you out there are surprised or shocked at what happened today.  They took Sale out after six innings and already Cora is in my cross hairs with that stupid move.  Oh yea, we need to save him for later in the season.... BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!  You have to win the game you're playing TODAY, not tomorrow or the next ****ing month.  We did not score enough runs today to help Sale.  We did not hit except for couple of players.  I also said much earlier that our bullpen is suspect and got laughed at for it....Well our bullpen today sucked, Cora's managing sucked, and the team sucked when it counted.  And Bradley who should be out washing dishes w ent 0 for 4------big efen surprise!!!!!!!  But loud mouth Hanley who boasted about what he was going to do this year started off like he ended last season----for shit!!!!!!!!!

I don't need a wake-up call my friends but some of you out there do.  I  told all of you how leery I was about this game.  I sensed disaster coming and it came.  Now let's see if we can hit tomorrow, let's see if we can pitch tomorrow, let's see if Cora can manage tomorrow.  I am very very angry right now b ecause I saw this coming.  BTW, Cora, you baboon, you still plan on starting Bradleyt tomorrow?  Well, he's only down to about 140 right now, you dumb ass.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: elktonnick on March 29, 2018, 06:08:21 PM
Kelly and Smith may have been the instrumentalities for this debacle but the author was Cora.  I blame his inexperience with Kelly and his history of complete melt downs.  Kelly may have a great sense of humor and be a wonderful clubhouse guy but first things first.

Today Cora was a totally shitty manager.  The first mistake was keeping Bradley in the lineup and it followed from there.  And this Carson Smith?  Is  this what we have been waiting for from this piece of shit???????  What about Bobby Poyner???? He pitched well in ST and was not used.  No, we can't use rookies.  We need experience.  Well w e had experience in there with Bradley, Kelly, Smith, Ramirez and what did it get us?  A @#$%&^*( loss.   You're are now in my cross hairs Cora.  You sucked mightily today.

ipot

Not gonna put this all on Cora.  Most of blame is Kelly and Smith.  What a s--t show. 

Having deja vu of last year when Sale would pitch these gems and get no W because offense or pen new it. 
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: ipot on March 29, 2018, 06:29:39 PM
Not gonna put this all on Cora.  Most of blame is Kelly and Smith.  What a s--t show. 

Having deja vu of last year when Sale would pitch these gems and get no W because offense or pen new it.

Most of it IS on Cora.  Playing Bradley after he hit a miserable 152 in ST facing sup-par pitchers----did he think he would suddenly start hitting against Major League pitchers?  And why take out Sale after only six innings?  He was pitching well......we need to win games early against the supposed weak teams.......as some said.  Well here is what I say.....When the Red Sox go on the field there aren't ANY weak teams.  We've shown the sickening ability to lose games we never should lose.  Why wasn't Kimbrel called upon in the eighth inning?  He most likely would have gotten through that and at least given us a four run lead heading into the ninth.  Well let'see----does he play his pet Bradley tomorrow again?  Does he use Kimbrel this time around.  Does he show he can manage as he sure as hell didn't today?  And why did he have Bradley bat in the ninth inning?  The game most likely over, he could have sent a message that favoritism is down the crapper and players who perform will play.  One wonders if Cougher Cora will play him tomorrow

Bill-806

Down on one KNEE with TEARS in my EYES.....  So much for going  162 & 0 ...... BUT, they had a GREAT/FUN SPRING TRAINING ???  It hurts old men like me....... But there again,  KELLY ??? You could see it in his FACE,  all he has is a fastball, as DAD would say, "SON, any damn FOOL can hit a fast ball" !!.....  There are 2 or 3 LEFTOVERS in that bullpen from last year that will break our hearts every time !! DRAIN that PEN , NOW  GRASSHOPPER!!! thumb_d thumb_d thumb_d iono slap slap slap slap slap slap slap

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Bill-806 on March 29, 2018, 06:44:24 PM
Down on one KNEE with TEARS in my EYES.....  So much for going  162 & 0 ...... BUT, they had a GREAT/FUN SPRING TRAINING ???  It hurts old men like me....... But there again,  KELLY ??? You could see it in his FACE,  all he has is a fastball, as DAD would say, "SON, any damn FOOL can hit a fast ball" !!.....  There are 2 or 3 LEFTOVERS in that bullpen from last year that will break our hearts every time !! DRAIN that PEN , NOW  GRASSHOPPER!!! thumb_d thumb_d thumb_d iono slap slap slap slap slap slap slap

Well Bill, my friend, one lesson I think you learned today is not to assume we are going to win and have a drumfire opening weak.  You go out there and play like your @#$%&?@ life is on the line.  That's how you win.  You take no team for granted and assume nothing? Know when I was pretty sure we would lose today and my senses kept  telling me?  When I saw that lineup and it had Bradley in it.  How the hell can you keep a guy like that in it when he simply is lost at the plate---that is, unless, you think the rest of the team will all hit.  Well they won't, they didn't last year and, mark my words, two or three of them besides the  woeful Bradley will let us down this season.  Tomorrow is Price and that Coughing Cora had better let him pitch at least into the seventh, get that efen Bradley out of the lineup and take Ramirez out of the third spot or we could have another sad and sorry ending tomorrow/  To be certain, I did not firmly believe we would lose today but I had the feeling that we p robably would.  I just don't like this lineup as presently constituted and if it isn't changed we will have more of the same.  I am totally pissed off.

Sea Dog 23

OK, Smith, Kelly, Cora, wasn't their best day, maybe their worst.  But what about LeVangie the pitching coach.  He was our BP coach last year.  If anything, he shoule have been in Cora's ear after Kelly gave up the double, really in his ear after the subsequent walk.  Of all people he knows Kelly, he saw walk out of the pen all last year.

elktonnick

Let me be very specific why the architect of this loss is squarely on Cora.  He wasn't watching Kelly pitch.  Kelly's history is one of sudden quick melt downs.  I knew when Kelly came in that there was a high possibility that he would have control issues since that has been his history.  Either he has control or he doesn't there is no middle ground with hi!. Cora for all his reliance on data should have been cognizant of that fact.  For some one who is supposedly so data driven he certainly didn't act upon that fact until it was too late.  Carson Smith's quirky delivery is not the type of pitcher I would bring in with the bases full and not expect a walk.  I will however give Cora a pass on not bringing in Kimbrel given the fact of his short spring. I question how reliable his control would be in that situation given how he has performed early in the year in the past. 
Regardless. Cora should have pulled Kelly sooner and not waited until the bases were full to do so since by then it was too late.

elktonnick

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on March 29, 2018, 06:58:30 PM
OK, Smith, Kelly, Cora, wasn't their best day, maybe their worst.  But what about LeVangie the pitching coach.  He was our BP coach last year.  If anything, he shoule have been in Cora's ear after Kelly gave up the double, really in his ear after the subsequent walk.  Of all people he knows Kelly, he saw walk out of the pen all last year.
You are correct sir

BoSoxFanNY

I am SICK to my stomach over this loss.
UNACCEPTABLE to lose this way.
6 runs in the 8th inning?????

DAMN!

wpete

OK. First game of the season totally sucked donkey balls.

I'm on the road all day (west coast) so I'm keeping track of the game on my phone. Everything is going great. Sale is awesome. 1 hit over 6 innings. Leaves with a 4-0 lead. Game is in the bag.

Stop at a friends house while heading back to my office. Was there about 45 minutes. He must live in a dead signal zone. Could not get a cell signal at all. Got back in my work truck and had a signal. 6-4 Rays up. WTF??? 6 runs on 3 hits? How the **** is that even possible?

Where was Kimbrel? I'm guessing he was available. What was Cora saying about using him in the 8th when needed? Hey CORA! HE WAS NEEDED!

First game as a manager and he already ****ed up. However, the players also ****ed up by not doing their ****ing job as BB would say.

BTW, is cursing allowed on this board? I really ****ing hope so.

wpete

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: wpete on March 29, 2018, 10:10:16 PM
Looks like cursing is not allowed. ****.

The "F" word is broken down to symbols but shit is used and used liberally, and for today's game it is more than appropriate.  I cannot understand how Cora could do such a totally crappy job of managing today.  He has Kimbrel, said he would use him in the eighth inning but never used him at all. He has most likely the worst hitter on the team back in the lineup after a woeful 152 season in the Grapefruit League, has Hanley and big bragging mouth in the third hole in the lineup where he most certainly should not be, and this Carson Smith who we waited for so long to watch pitch looked like shit warmed over.  Kelly ought to stop the clown act and get serious because he stunk up the game today and once again the team did not score enough runs for Sale and once again screwed out of a possible win as they did so many times last season.  This could actually turn out to be a real shitty team when you consider the Yankees have a blow out bullpen, good starting pitching and hitters who go out and score enough runs to give their starting pitcher a win.

Hey Cora, you butt, if someone tells you they saw this on Bosox Board, let's see if you get your head out of your ass and sit down Bradley tomorrow and make him a fourth outfielder until Dumbo gets the smarts to trade him away for a pound of grapes and a can of lard.

ipot

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on March 29, 2018, 06:43:10 PM
Quote from: ipot on March 29, 2018, 06:29:39 PM

Most of it IS on Cora.  Playing Bradley after he hit a miserable 152 in ST facing sup-par pitchers----did he think he would suddenly start hitting against Major League pitchers?  And why take out Sale after only six innings?  He was pitching well......we need to win games early against the supposed weak teams.......as some said.  Well here is what I say.....When the Red Sox go on the field there aren't ANY weak teams.  We've shown the sickening ability to lose games we never should lose.  Why wasn't Kimbrel called upon in the eighth inning?  He most likely would have gotten through that and at least given us a four run lead heading into the ninth.  Well let'see----does he play his pet Bradley tomorrow again?  Does he use Kimbrel this time around.  Does he show he can manage as he sure as hell didn't today?  And why did he have Bradley bat in the ninth inning?  The game most likely over, he could have sent a message that favoritism is down the crapper and players who perform will play.  One wonders if Cougher Cora will play him tomorrow

After watching the rewind of the game, I stand corrected.  ;)  It's on Cora. Yup  Not so much the Bradley thing but his handling of the pitchers - it was bad managing.  Bad.   
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee