GAME #160, HOUSTON ASTROS AT BOSTON RED SOX

Started by Bear, September 29, 2017, 01:14:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Schloicka

Get guys in scoring position and get 2 weak grounders and a k. Only 1 run out of it.

ojdidit

Benny and Hanley - both failed - especially Benny.

Schloicka

Quote from: ojdidit on September 29, 2017, 08:00:24 PM
Benny and Hanley - both failed - especially Benny.

I know Pedroia got a run in on his weak grounder on a obvious ball but to me that kills an inning. They did same thing few games ago when they had runners on 2nd and 3rd and no outs and got 2 runs on ground outs. At the time it looks great but a hit in there would be better. Guess I'm greedy.

ipot

"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

Schloicka

Sox finally get some pitching but get no hitting.

ipot

"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

markj

They need to change the name of this team to the Sad Sacks.

longgame

Just so pathetic by these guys.  The worst part is that we know they're fully capable of losing the next two and then having to play in NY for a playoff with E-Rod or Porcello pitching.  At this point they're also now going to impact their rotation schedule with Pom having to pitch tomorrow.  Gutless wonders. 

SeaBeachFred

Why wasn't Vazquez, a decent hitter in that lineup when he was listed to be the starter tonight.  Why have the useless Leon, hitting 224 and striking out three times tonight in there instead.  Once again that son of a bitch Farrell starting tinkering with the lineup.  My God, are we really going to blow this thing?  Disgusting performance from the hitters.  I know they're trying but they have to try harder and summon all the strength they have so to win one more damn game.  WC??????  Sorry, I root against the Red Sox for that may be the only way we have a shot of finally  ridding ourselves of the most disgusting and pathetic, useless and miserable excuse for a manager in the game.

ipot

They're not Dylan Thomas fans, this team...."they GO gently into the night"
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

Sea Dog 23

Don't expect any freebies from Houston.  They're just a game behind the Tribe for home field advantage in the AL playoffs.

Bear

In answer to your questions regarding the  Fister/Leon combination:
Farrell says, Fister works better with Leon.
Your thoughts, Fred.

Bear

We could have raged against the dying of the nite, BUT for the
leader of the band!

Muggah

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on September 29, 2017, 09:17:59 PM
Why wasn't Vazquez, a decent hitter in that lineup when he was listed to be the starter tonight.  Why have the useless Leon, hitting 224 and striking out three times tonight in there instead.  Once again that son of a bitch Farrell starting tinkering with the lineup.  My God, are we really going to blow this thing?  Disgusting performance from the hitters.  I know they're trying but they have to try harder and summon all the strength they have so to win one more damn game.  WC??????  Sorry, I root against the Red Sox for that may be the only way we have a shot of finally  ridding ourselves of the most disgusting and pathetic, useless and miserable excuse for a manager in the game.

Vazquez was in Farrell's original lineup, Fred. Word is Fister requested Leon and Farrell made the change.
Bosox Board: The Exclusive Home of Muggah

Bill-806

Quote from: Muggah on September 30, 2017, 04:38:38 AM
Quote from: SeaBeachFred on September 29, 2017, 09:17:59 PM
WOW !!!! slap rofl

Vazquez was in Farrell's original lineup, Fred. Word is Fister requested Leon and Farrell made the change.