GAME #113, BOSTON RED SOX AT TAMPA BAY RAYS

Started by Bear, August 07, 2017, 05:21:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rob from Mass

2 season  first tonight.
7 game streak and 15 games over. 500.

Rob from Mass

Seems like Farrell has the team a damn nice roll.

Bear

Good to see Bradley pick himself up after making that base-running error;
his single in the 9th drove in X-Man.
Our biggest problem now is Price; what are we going to do with him?
Should we make the playoffs, who would be are three pitchers?
Sale, Pomeranz, ?
We need at least one more strong pitcher. iono

Schloicka

Quote from: Bear on August 09, 2017, 02:13:50 AM
Good to see Bradley pick himself up after making that base-running error;
his single in the 9th drove in X-Man.
Our biggest problem now is Price; what are we going to do with him?
Should we make the playoffs, who would be are three pitchers?
Sale, Pomeranz, ?
We need at least one more strong pitcher. iono

If Price is healthy he will be pitching. Nothing will happen during the season. Be very unlikely the Sox will trade for anyone.

Bill-806

As  DAD would say,  "SON, OK ya got 7 in a row, lets not let go to our heads as today is another day" !!  thumb_u rofl

ojdidit

I like Betts trying a bunt late to move runners over. Tram is starge - looking unbeatabale and that will be followed by six games that make them look like the A's.

longgame

I hate to point out concerns after a win, but they had 12 hits and were only able to muster two runs.  That's a concerning sign as we don't have Sale out there every night.  It seems like the lineup still doesn't quite function, even when a lot of guys were hitting.

markj

Quote from: longgame on August 09, 2017, 08:07:05 AM
I hate to point out concerns after a win, but they had 12 hits and were only able to muster two runs.  That's a concerning sign as we don't have Sale out there every night.  It seems like the lineup still doesn't quite function, even when a lot of guys were hitting.

Was thinking that even in the 1st inning when they couldn't get a man home from 3rd with two outs to play with.

Rob from Mass

Quote from: ojdidit on August 09, 2017, 07:46:06 AM
I like Betts trying a bunt late to move runners over. Tram is starge - looking unbeatabale and that will be followed by six games that make them look like the A's.

Your a strange fan.

Schloicka

Well 6 of our hits (I may of missed 1) were with no one on base. Nunez was 3/5. His 3 hits came with no one on base. The 2 times he was up with guys on base he made outs. It's not how many hits you get but when you get them. The thing that really hurts them is when they have a guy on 3rd with less than 2 outs they can't get that Sac fly or if the infield is back that infield ground ball to 2nd or short stop to score a guy.

longgame

Quote from: Schloicka on August 09, 2017, 09:12:17 AM

Well 6 of our hits (I may of missed 1) were with no one on base. Nunez was 3/5. His 3 hits came with no one on base. The 2 times he was up with guys on base he made outs. It's not how many hits you get but when you get them. The thing that really hurts them is when they have a guy on 3rd with less than 2 outs they can't get that Sac fly or if the infield is back that infield ground ball to 2nd or short stop to score a guy.

But even then, that means 6 times men got on base and nobody hit behind them.  The main thing is this is where the long ball comes in and it's one thing if it starts sailing out of Fenway for a couple of weeks in August and another if it's business as usual everywhere else.