GAME #106, KANSAS CITY ROYALS AT BOSTON RED SOX

Started by Bear, July 30, 2017, 02:21:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sea Dog 23

And we'll see the BP extraordinaire next week, on the other club.

markj

3-7 for their last 10 games. This team has sucked since the ASB. sigh sigh iono

BoSoxFanNY

DANG IT -
Sox LOSE 5 - 3.
The bullpen BLEW this game.

UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Really wanted this win.

AND the Sox left the bases loaded in the bottom of the 9th inning . . .

Bill-806

Bases loaded and Mookie flies to center .....  Devers did his job......  My,  how do we loose these games !!

BoSoxFanNY

MEANWHILE -
(Doesn't affect us -)
The Blue Jays scored 7 runs in the bottom of the 9th inning
to stun the Angels 11 - 10.
The Angels had a 10 - 4 lead going into the bottom of the 9th inning.
Unbelievable.

Why can't we do that?

Schloicka

Might be time to give Betts a rest. Only hitting .238 in July (thankfully it's almost over) & .091 in the past week. He's killing the team as much as anyone else is. Move him down in the lineup or give him a few days off. Need to do something.

Rob from Mass

He had 2 days off last week last day of Ms series and travel day.Just may not be the superstar the so called experts thought he was going to be.

Rob from Mass

Beni is another who looks totally lost at the plate.He definitely needs to be down the ladder.

Bear

Only good thing about today, New York also lost.
We can't go into a playoff thinking the other guy is going to lose.
No sure if we're going to get any help Monday.

Bill-806

Quote from: Bear on July 30, 2017, 04:54:11 PM
Only good thing about today, New York also lost.
We can't go into a playoff thinking the other guy is going to lose.
No sure if we're going to get any help Monday.
  TRUE DAT, will be interesting what the Monday trade deadline brings !!!   iono

longgame

Mookie and Bogey both look lost out there.  We get two guys on, the pitcher cant' find the plate, Bogey swings at the first pitch for a lazy fly ball.  He can't even act like he's interested at this point.  Betts may be pressing or something, but he has not been the same ballplayer for nearly a year now.  It's possible the "real" Mookie Betts is this guy. 

Two things I think are tough to take right now - first of all is every team is making moves.  Even the Royals pulled off a trade mid game to add pop to a lineup that has plenty of pop.  The Yankees are picking up pitchers everywhere as they had a bad bullpen.  Tampa Bay picked up Duda and some pitching.  Meanwhile we are running Fister out there tomorrow night which is almost like waving a white flag.  It feels like we're basically going to hope that if a couple of guys can hit 20 points higher - or get about a couple of hits month a more - will make a difference.

elktonnick

I don't mind anyone swinging at the first pitch if they make solid contact.  The problem is Bogaerts isn't making solid contact.  At least on the fly out he got the ball in the air.  He hasn't been doing that very often.  Bogaerts mechanics look all out of wack.  I think the wrist has effected his swing; he should have been put on the  DL.  Betts also looks bad at the plate.  So does Beninintendi.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Bill-806 on July 30, 2017, 03:57:21 PM
  Bases loaded and Mookie flies to center .....  Devers did his job......  My,  how do we loose these games !!

Bill---You mean you don't know???? Silly.  Very easy really.  We have a manager who not only doesn't know what the hell he's doing, but when he does something he should do he does it a batter or too late----and he does that just about all the time.  To me there are three reasons possibly for these continuous @#$%-ups.  One he is dumb and inept as a field manager.  By now that's a given here.  Secondly, I have noticed since the beginning of the 2014 season that this moron has a lot of trouble making up his mind,  thereby making decisions as to who plays and what moves to make usually a late decision or an afterthought.  Thirdly, the guy just happens to be very stubborn and seems to ignore the old Einstein dictum that to try and get a different result by continuously doing the same thing is INSANITY.  Here might be some examples of such ineptitude.

1. HE HAS PITCHED BARNES WAY TOO MANY TIMES TWO DAYS IN A ROW---SOMETHING OTHERS, MANY BEFORE I NOTICED, THAT BARNES IS U TTERLY INCAPABLE OF PITCHING TWO DAYS IN A ROW FOR WHATEVER REASON.  He constantly fails in these situations, but today he was amply helped by another miscue by Bogaerts who all of you by know that I despise as a loser and choker.

2. Betts is NOT a leadoff hitter, should be hit ting third to fifth but he stays at No. 1 and fails and fails and fails.  Why not move him down in the lineup and see if we can get a better result

2. He is always late in removing a tired or an unsuccessful pitcher, something good managers like Girardi, Scioscia, Madden and even Roberts don't do.

When you add it all up, if you are counting games, you will see that even though our team is playing piss poor ball it would still be in first place in Farrell's palsied hands hadn't cost us between five and nine games this season alone.  This man will never make a move to help you win one, well very very rarely, but he will be a menace to lose one every we get in a close game.  Perhaps his hesitancy in removing a pitcher is that he was one himself and we know how pitchers hate to come out.  The others I mentioned were not and perhaps they have a different mind set from the Moronic one, and most likely a credible mind.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: BoSoxFanNY on July 30, 2017, 03:57:57 PM
MEANWHILE -
(Doesn't affect us -)
The Blue Jays scored 7 runs in the bottom of the 9th inning
to stun the Angels 11 - 10.
The Angels had a 10 - 4 lead going into the bottom of the 9th inning.
Unbelievable.

Why can't we do that?

Why can't we do that??????  Are you freakin' kidding me?????  Think 2014, 2015 and 2017 and see what constant has been there all this time.  Hint.....he resides in the dugout and takes up needed space.