GAME #18 BOSTON RED SOX AT BALTIMORE ORIOLES

Started by Bear, April 22, 2017, 03:30:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

markj

Now a single. This inning has definitely become ugly. Sox down 4-2 now. Wright is gone.

Schloicka

And now an infield single and a single to right field. Hit the showers Steve.

markj

Hembree gets them out of the inning with no further damage.

elktonnick

O's pitching is embarrassing Sox hitters. Hanley looked pathetic on that strike out. 

elktonnick

Have Sox batters forgotten how to hit with men on base?

longgame

Quote from: markj on April 22, 2017, 07:37:01 PM
JBJ goes way deep and puts the Sox up 2-0.

Nobody told JBJ this team doesn't hit home runs.  I'm sure Farrell straightened him out after.

longgame

Quote from: elktonnick on April 22, 2017, 08:10:08 PM
O's pitching is embarrassing Sox hitters. Hanley looked pathetic on that strike out.

I think what you mean is their minor league pitching is embarrassing them.

longgame

Quote from: elktonnick on April 22, 2017, 08:48:28 PM
Have Sox batters forgotten how to hit with men on base?

Amazingly they get a hit with RISP, but it's an infield single and the runner doesn't advance.

markj

Another pathetic display of offense (or lack thereof). And one nuclear inning. Wright needs to get his ducks in a row.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: markj on April 22, 2017, 07:42:57 PM
Another double. This could be a very ugly inning.

When Turdball John Farrell put Stephen Wright to pinch run last summer he should have been fired on the spot.  Instead we have that bum still managing this team and running it in the ground while he provides no leadership and is creating a pack of candy asses who lack drive, desire and commitment.  We should have fired Farrell, hired Lovullo and brought some fire to this team.  Instead we have a rudderless team that no leadership in the dugout but rather total ineptitude but the worst part is that we have no leadership on the field. Everyone is looking for the other guy to take charge.  We could be heading for a totally crappy season.  2014 anyone?

And one more thing.  Wright hasn't been the same since he hurt his shoulder in his ill fated pinch running escapade last August.  I mean we had Clay Worthless Buchholz who we could have used in that capacity and if he had gotten hurt it would simply been par for the course.  I really despise John Farrell.  He is a totally pathetic and worthless manager.

ipot

This team is starting to get downright boring.  Just uninspired, listless stuff 2 nights in a row.  The O's own them.

Wright is a knuckleballer and he's doing his best Wakefield impression = implosion w/o notice. 
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

Muggah

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on April 22, 2017, 11:41:04 PM

When Turdball John Farrell put Stephen Wright to pinch run last summer he should have been fired on the spot.  Instead we have that bum still managing this team and running it in the ground while he provides no leadership and is creating a pack of candy asses who lack drive, desire and commitment.  We should have fired Farrell, hired Lovullo and brought some fire to this team.  Instead we have a rudderless team that no leadership in the dugout but rather total ineptitude but the worst part is that we have no leadership on the field. Everyone is looking for the other guy to take charge.  We could be heading for a totally crappy season.  2014 anyone?

And one more thing.  Wright hasn't been the same since he hurt his shoulder in his ill fated pinch running escapade last August.  I mean we had Clay Worthless Buchholz who we could have used in that capacity and if he had gotten hurt it would simply been par for the course.  I really despise John Farrell.  He is a totally pathetic and worthless manager.

The lack of leadership is glaring at this point. And Dombrowski's lying if he says he doesn't see it or worse it isn't there. We're going to find out soon whether or not he's even got enough juice to fix it. I'm not convinced he does.
Bosox Board: The Exclusive Home of Muggah

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Muggah on April 23, 2017, 09:17:44 AM
Quote from: SeaBeachFred on April 22, 2017, 11:41:04 PM

The lack of leadership is glaring at this point. And Dombrowski's lying if he says he doesn't see it or worse it isn't there. We're going to find out soon whether or not he's even got enough juice to fix it. I'm not convinced he does.

Muggah--I still believe Farrell is being protected by Prune Face and DD has been told that our worthless manager is off limits to him.  And we could have hired Lovullo who is doing well so far at Arizona while we scuffle with no leadership either in the dugout or out on the field..  Just to be clear, Mookie is no leader, doesn't want to be and if he is forced to take that mantle on he will go into the tank.  Leave him alone.  Find someone closer to the action-----and bench Leon once and for all and call up Blake Swihart.

Bill-806