Congrats to the Atlanta Braves

Started by longgame, November 03, 2021, 08:01:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

longgame

I don't think anyone had the Braves winning it all at any time this season.  What a job.  I'll say it again - Chaim Bloom, you can make a difference at the trade deadline. 

What I found interesting is that when they had regular pitching, i.e. a bona fide starter, they played much better.  That bullpen game 5 was pathetic for the World Series. 

Great job Atlanta, it was nice to see you beat both the hated Dodgers and Astros!

Sea Dog 23

Quote from: longgame on November 03, 2021, 08:01:16 AM
I don't think anyone had the Braves winning it all at any time this season.  What a job.  I'll say it again - Chaim Bloom, you can make a difference at the trade deadline. 

What I found interesting is that when they had regular pitching, i.e. a bona fide starter, they played much better.  That bullpen game 5 was pathetic for the World Series. 

Great job Atlanta, it was nice to see you beat both the hated Dodgers and Astros!

Ted, you’re right on.  The Braves beat all comers, LA, Houston, and a maybe got a swipe at MLB for taking their All Star game.  I think the Braves showed what great young pitching can do in clutch games, like Fried and Anderson did.  The mega guys Cole and Sale couldn’t show their A-game, and Sherzer and Kershaw were not physically able to play.  Maybe Bloom will see what value is in going toward youth in pitching.

elktonnick

If the Red Sox don't win then I glad that the former Boston Braves do.