ALCS GAME # 2 - SATURDAY, OCTOBER 16, 2021 - BOSTON RED SOX @ HOUSTON ASTROS

Started by markj, October 16, 2021, 10:13:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Schloicka

Quote from: markj on October 16, 2021, 07:14:09 PM
JD could have hit that ball anywhere else and it wouldn't have been a DP. Sox just find ways to GIDP. Although Xander didn't work too hard to avoid that tag, either.

Should of slid back to 3rd.

elktonnick

Why does Cora put us through this needless ordeal by bringing in Hernandez.

markj

markj

Quote from: Schloicka on October 16, 2021, 07:15:13 PM
Quote from: markj on October 16, 2021, 07:14:09 PM
JD could have hit that ball anywhere else and it wouldn't have been a DP. Sox just find ways to GIDP. Although Xander didn't work too hard to avoid that tag, either.

Should of slid back to 3rd.

Exactly what I was thinking. Go low and he would have missed the tag.

elktonnick

You know Hernandez is incapable of getting three outs.  He might as well put in Braiser to begin with.

MongoLikeSox

Brutal! Can't blame Cora for trying, but damned brutal. Last  - lessee, 5 batters - 3 HRs and 3 more inherited runners scored. I wonder what mysterious "injury" DH will have on the way home.

longgame

I can’t imagine any scenario where they would bring in Hernandez again in a Sox uniform unless it’s down to a position player pitching. You could see Raffy yelling at him to get his act together. 

But I was amazed.  I was out hiking, got to my car around 5:30 expecting the game to be half over and it’s 8-0 with 1 down in the 2nd.

Mark, you have to chill out man!

markj

elktonnick

Sox win!  Great win but Cora needs to cut out the needless drama by using Hernandez.

markj

Quote from: longgame on October 16, 2021, 07:29:12 PM
I can’t imagine any scenario where they would bring in Hernandez again in a Sox uniform unless it’s down to a position player pitching. You could see Raffy yelling at him to get his act together. 

But I was amazed.  I was out hiking, got to my car around 5:30 expecting the game to be half over and it’s 8-0 with 1 down in the 2nd.

Mark, you have to chill out man!

We were out hiking, too. Got back to see it was 4-0 and then saw Raffy's granny. Went for another walk a bit ago and was happily surprised it was still 9-3 in the 9th when we got back. Then Hernandez got my BP up. But all is well. Time to fix a drink.

Bill-806

8 + RUNS ARE ALWAYS GOOD !!!!  GO SOX , BACK TO THE FEN'S !!! thumb_u thumb_u rofl rofl rofl rofl

Sea Dog 23

Hernandez is pitching because they ran out of pitching last two days.  (I don’t think Pivetta pitched n Houston, saving him for a start?)  But Darwinzon might have been the only setup guy physically available before Brasier.  Imagine how bad Barnes and Davis are, who were sent down for Darwinzon. 

Houston has lost two starters in andMcCullers and Lopez. And Odorizzi looked awful.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: elktonnick on October 16, 2021, 07:33:12 PM
Sox win!  Great win but Cora needs to cut out the needless drama by using Hernandez.

Right you are Elk on all points.  Sox won, a great win and Cora has to stop this shit of trying to give his pets playing time.  Earth or Alex.  Hernandez will NEVER be a quality ML pitcher the Red Sox and you envision.  He is.  He is nothing Cora but one of your favorites and Bloom has to make damn certain that he clears out this debris from our team in the off season or we'll see these clowns out there because the manager likes them and wants to give them a chance.  They stink--Darwizon, Santana and te long gone lamented French Fry.  I never thought I would be glad to see Brasier with his straight as an arrow fastball and his penchant for getting hammered in the game but that is how disgusted I was at Darwizon.  Still, w e won and showed we can get the runs we needed yesterday, but this cannot be a one shot deal.  As long as Alex Cora is tempted to use some of our bullpen garbage a run shortage is always a threat to us.  And why wasn't Whitlock in the game in the ninth to close it out and bring the win into the clubhouse without all the bullshit Cora had to pull by insisting that Darwizon could get the job done.  He can't Alex and by now you had better know it.  Enjoy the day off guys.  We go home now and perhaps that will give us an advantage if the team and Cora can take full use of it

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on October 17, 2021, 11:01:46 AM
Hernandez is pitching because they ran out of pitching last two days.  (I don’t think Pivetta pitched n Houston, saving him for a start?)  But Darwinzon might have been the only setup guy physically available before Brasier.  Imagine how bad Barnes and Davis are, who were sent down for Darwinzon. 

Houston has lost two starters in andMcCullers and Lopez. And Odorizzi looked awful.

Sea Dog, my question is can we take advantage of what you wrote?  We may have to use starters in relief to win this ALCS because some of our relievers just aren't up to the job.  I remember how Alex Cora went this route in the 2018 World Series and it worked to perfection.

Sea Dog 23

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on October 17, 2021, 12:58:34 PM
Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on October 17, 2021, 11:01:46 AM

Sea Dog, my question is can we take advantage of what you wrote?  We may have to use starters in relief to win this ALCS because some of our relievers just aren't up to the job.  I remember how Alex Cora went this route in the 2018 World Series and it worked to perfection.

Fred, I think we're missing two good pen guys, as Darwinzon and Sawamura are not dependable in a ALCS series.  Robles also scares me, being that his recent past was at Pittsburgh.  Yes, in those 2-3 slots, we're likely to use Pivetta, Sale, ERod when it gets to be a nailbiter game, although I see ERod is posted as starting Monday night.