ALDS GAME # 4 - MONDAY, OCTOBER 11, 2021 - TAMPA BAY RAYS @ BOSTON RED SOX

Started by markj, October 10, 2021, 11:04:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MongoLikeSox

holy crap!!!!  That dip shit does not have anyone warming after a leadoff double!!!!!!!!!!!

MongoLikeSox

MongoLikeSox

worst 8th inning 2 run lead to protect I've ever seen in a playoff game. Bring him back out was surprising enough. then all of this. Way to go AC. Back to tampa.

longgame

Tampa Bay has been big in the 8th inning all year long.   So have the Sox and now they need to be.

Smoltz just made another dumb comment, saying he was surprise that TB scored two runs and then made two outs.  After changing pitchers.

Too bad Whitlock didn’t come in sooner.  It’s nail biting time if anyone has any left. 

elktonnick

markj

The momentum has shifted bigtime. Getting Xander to GIDP to end that threat was the key.

markj

markj

longgame

markj

AAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!  They did it!!!!! I. Don't. Believe. It. !!!!!!!!!!!

MongoLikeSox

elktonnick

Talk about over achievers!  As much as I have criticized Cora one has to admit he has done an incredible job this year especially considering the covid outbreak.  Bloom also deserves a heck of a lot of credit also.  He has mixed and matched putting together this team of over achievers.

BoSoxFanNY

YES!!!!!!!!!
SOX BEAT the Rays in the bottom of the 9th!!!!!

YAHOOOOOO!
ON to the ALCS!

Must admit, BEFORE the series I thought that the Rays would win.

AND when the Sox took the 5 - 0 lead, I was hoping for an easy winning game.
NOPE - the Rays made it nerve-wracking in the later innings.

PHEW!
AND YAHOOOOOOOO!

BoSoxFanNY

THIS Red Sox team is fun to watch!

They are playing now like they did in the first half of the season.
Finding ways to win!

WOW!!!!!

Really love these players . . .

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on October 11, 2021, 05:14:53 PM
Quote from: SeaBeachFred on October 11, 2021, 03:35:30 PM
Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on October 11, 2021, 11:21:36 AM
Well.  McHugh was throwing 86 mph balls the other night with little movement.  That won't end well.

But we have Rodriquez going for us, you know the guy---the one who always works the outside corner, never gets that pitch called for him and usually walks the first batter he faces.  Cora needs to have a very short rope for this guy because he j ust hasn't measured up at all for us this season.  He seems afraid in his pants to pound the strike zone and just nibbles his way into more walks and ineffectiveness.  It would be swell if we could see a different E-Rod this evening but Alex better be ready to pull the plug when we most likely might see more of the same from him.  Plus we have to keep hitting.  If we do that we stand a decent chance of winning.

The guys on WEEI today were talking up EROD as far as what he has at stake.  This is his contract year, he might be pitching his last start, or last couple, for the Sox.  How he does could put him at another $8 mil or more with the Sox or wherever town, or if it's awful, he could lose any chance of getting looks from many GMs this winter.  His agent doesn't have to remind him of this opportunity.  But who knows what his emotional state is?

Maybe he was listening to you Sea Dog because E-Rod pitched vey well tonight and gave us a good chance to win that game.  Unfortunately Brasier was his ineffectual self, got bombed and made it a tough game BUT WE WON IN THE NINTH AND THAT'S WHAT COUNTS.  I believed we could win tonight if we had out hitting shoes on and we all should all feel good about the game's outcome.  The players certainly felt that way because they were whooping it up full force after the game.  Good for them because they earned it.