6. Yandy Diaz (R) 3B
7. Austin Meadows (L) LF
8. Mike Zunino (R) C
9. Kevin Kiermaier (L) CF

Gametime Temp: 61°F
Chance of Precip: 0%

markj

Bill-806

SHORT STRING !!!!!!!  AS WE WOULD SAY IN THE NAVY , "ALL HANDS ON DECK" !!!!! thumb_u rofl rofl rofl

longgame

So Marathon Monday in October.  Some conjecture on which uniforms they'll wear.  Some think the yellow jerseys which are a marathon theme, but I like the idea of the 2013 "Boston" home jerseys that they wore after the marathon bombing. 

longgame

Sea Dog 23

Well.  McHugh was throwing 86 mph balls the other night with little movement.  That won't end well.

longgame

MongoLikeSox

The MLB site say Robles Vomited on Sunday. I'm glad he's not injured. Cora said he's "under the weather". I assume that was a quote from today. (?)

Same lineup for the Sox 2 days in a row. Probably not as rare as I think it is....

longgame

Quote from: MongoLikeSox on October 11, 2021, 02:48:31 PM
The MLB site say Robles Vomited on Sunday. I'm glad he's not injured. Cora said he's "under the weather". I assume that was a quote from today. (?)

Same lineup for the Sox 2 days in a row. Probably not as rare as I think it is....

I heard that too about Robles.  Interesting that for most of the year our key bullpen guys were Sawamura, Ottavino and Barnes and now its Whitlock, Brasier, Robles and Taylor.

Same lineup for the Sox is rare this year but I wouldn't do much different right now. 

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on October 11, 2021, 11:21:36 AM
Well.  McHugh was throwing 86 mph balls the other night with little movement.  That won't end well.

But we have Rodriquez going for us, you know the guy---the one who always works the outside corner, never gets that pitch called for him and usually walks the first batter he faces.  Cora needs to have a very short rope for this guy because he j ust hasn't measured up at all for us this season.  He seems afraid in his pants to pound the strike zone and just nibbles his way into more walks and ineffectiveness.  It would be swell if we could see a different E-Rod this evening but Alex better be ready to pull the plug when we most likely might see more of the same from him.  Plus we have to keep hitting.  If we do that we stand a decent chance of winning.

Sea Dog 23

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on October 11, 2021, 03:35:30 PM
Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on October 11, 2021, 11:21:36 AM

But we have Rodriquez going for us, you know the guy---the one who always works the outside corner, never gets that pitch called for him and usually walks the first batter he faces.  Cora needs to have a very short rope for this guy because he j ust hasn't measured up at all for us this season.  He seems afraid in his pants to pound the strike zone and just nibbles his way into more walks and ineffectiveness.  It would be swell if we could see a different E-Rod this evening but Alex better be ready to pull the plug when we most likely might see more of the same from him.  Plus we have to keep hitting.  If we do that we stand a decent chance of winning.

The guys on WEEI today were talking up EROD as far as what he has at stake.  This is his contract year, he might be pitching his last start, or last couple, for the Sox.  How he does could put him at another $8 mil or more with the Sox or wherever town, or if it's awful, he could lose any chance of getting looks from many GMs this winter.  His agent doesn't have to remind him of this opportunity.  But who knows what his emotional state is?

longgame

Two inning so far from E-Rod.  We’re in bonus territory.

MongoLikeSox

Wow! 17 pitches to Meadows, K and then out of inning two pitches later. I mean, why not?

markj

markj