ALDS GAME # 2 - FRIDAY, OCTOBER 8, 2021 - BOSTON RED SOX @ TAMPA BAY RAYS

Started by markj, October 08, 2021, 08:07:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MongoLikeSox

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on October 10, 2021, 07:09:34 AM
Quote from: MongoLikeSox on October 09, 2021, 02:59:56 PM
Yeah, they messed up that kid big time this Spring. He was slated for the rotation until he was the one they could option down and set aside for depth. I think him and Bazardo both injured themselves within about the same 2-week stretch.

How's this for 4 parts of a rotation: Eovaldi - Whitlock - Houck - Pivetta. Assuming Sale can come back to productive form....  I'm getting way ahead of myself.  Hopefully a few reins will be loosened.

Mongo, there really are some lesser lights on this team that are in Cora's bag of tricks.  I just saw a stat overnight that really surprised,

Hansel Robles

Last 17 games

15.2 IP - 0.00 ERA - 0.70 WHIP
5 BB - 20 K

It is what it is!
I posted about that a little ways up this page. I was very surprised to see this. It seemed like disaster for a month. 98mph one day, 94mph the next. One day, I think in Cleveland, he closed a game out and looked fantastic like I had not seen yet and it's been that way since. Him and Brasier hitting their stride going into the playoffs is a great thing.

longgame

I'm on the fence with Houck.  A lot of young guys at least used to come up and pitch in relief before being full time starters. I know a lot of things have changed in MLB over the years, but I don't have a problem with Houck learning in different situations.  That being said, I fully expect him to be a key part of the rotation next year.