ALDS GAME # 2 - FRIDAY, OCTOBER 8, 2021 - BOSTON RED SOX @ TAMPA BAY RAYS

Started by markj, October 08, 2021, 08:07:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill-806

Quote from: longgame on October 08, 2021, 06:36:28 PM
Oh my freaking God.  A freaking grand slam by one of the worst guys in their lineup?  What the hell is going on?

Chris Sale getting hammered while we let a rookie off the hook.
THE BIG QUESTION , SHOULD/COULD HAVE SCHWARBER CAUGHT THAT GROUND BALL ??????  LET ME GET THIS STRAIGHT , ON 1ST BASE WE HAVE NO GLOVE , ON 3RD BASE WE HAVE ONE ARM ...... HOW THE HECK ARE YOU GOING TO WIN GAMES IN THE PLAYOFFS LIKE THAT ??????  AS DAD WOULD SAY , "COME ON SON, LETS GO HOME " !!!! thumb_d thumb_d thumb_d thumb_d iono iono iono sigh sigh sigh rofl rofl rofl

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: longgame on October 08, 2021, 02:47:05 PM
Cora said last night that it's the kind of thing that you get through the season and nobody was worried about it the other day when he had a huge day.

Still no lineup posted which makes me think they really want Martinez in the lineup.  Bill, they would play Schwarber at 1B which they've been doing.  Veteran hitters against a guy with 3 starts, you'd think the Sox would have the advantage. 

All I know is it's my birthday and I deserve a win!   ;D

Yes you do Ted and I wish Sale and Co. would appreciate that and comply.  Happy Birthday my friend.  Let's hope if the team can't give you a present tonight they will belatedly on Sunday.

markj

Sale is becoming yet another high salary money pit. His last two starts have been awful.

markj

markj

longgame

Nice to get a 3 run homer!  Interesting game for sure.  This is reminiscent of Sale’s last start - fall behind and come back.  Still a long way to go though.

markj

Maybe they should put Houck back in the rotation and stick Sale in the BP.

MongoLikeSox

Guys, the Franco hit is on me and I apoligise. I knew better. I know better. still, they flashed hits stats for the game so far and I did some math and told the Battleaxe that he was working on over 9 perfect innings streak. Next pitch - sigh! 

I accept punishment rendered as just and fair.

(ps - the subsequent Smoltz rant was so spot on. Taking out hot pitchers before their done....)

markj

markj

Sigh. Yet another GIDP. At least this one didn't end the inning.

markj

MongoLikeSox

Some great approaches tonight at the plate. Vazquez a couple times in a week now with late RBI staying back and knocking it over to the other side.  thumb_u

markj

markj

markj