5. Yandy Diaz (R) 3B
6. Jordan Luplow (R) 1B
7. Manuel Margot (R) RF
8. Mike Zunino (R) C
9. Kevin Kiermaier (L) CF

Gametime Temp: 89°F
Chance of Precip: 0%

Sea Dog 23

Looks like Raffy is showing a little worse for wear from Game 1.  News about noon time.  Cora says he's fine, but this is more to the point.

Rafael Devers is dealing with discomfort in his right forearm, according to a major-league source. The condition flares up when the Red Sox third baseman swings and misses but is not a problem when he makes contact.

markj

Raffy needs to stop swinging for the fences and just swing to make contact. He'd be a lot more effective if he could get base hits more regularly. He also hits into the shift far too often.

Bill-806

Quote from: markj on October 08, 2021, 12:45:16 PM
Raffy needs to stop swinging for the fences and just swing to make contact. He'd be a lot more effective if he could get base hits more regularly. He also hits into the shift far too often.
YES & DE-DE , HE IS A SUCKER FOR THE HIGH FASTBALL !!!! TAMPA HAS HIS # !!!!! LAST NIGHT , TAMPA'S STARTER WAS SO DOMINANT OVER OUR HITTERS .......  I AM STILL P OED OVER THE THEFT OF HOME PLATE !!!  A MUST WIN TONIGHT !!!! iono iono iono

longgame

Cora said last night that it's the kind of thing that you get through the season and nobody was worried about it the other day when he had a huge day.

Still no lineup posted which makes me think they really want Martinez in the lineup.  Bill, they would play Schwarber at 1B which they've been doing.  Veteran hitters against a guy with 3 starts, you'd think the Sox would have the advantage. 

All I know is it's my birthday and I deserve a win!   ;D

Bill-806

Quote from: longgame on October 08, 2021, 02:47:05 PM
Cora said last night that it's the kind of thing that you get through the season and nobody was worried about it the other day when he had a huge day.

Still no lineup posted which makes me think they really want Martinez in the lineup.  Bill, they would play Schwarber at 1B which they've been doing.  Veteran hitters against a guy with 3 starts, you'd think the Sox would have the advantage. 

All I know is it's my birthday and I deserve a win!   ;D
HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!!!! SCHWARB AT 1ST BASE CONCERNS ME ??  TAMPA BAY WOULD/WILL RUN HIM RAGGED & EXPOSE HIM , BIG TIME !!!  T B IS THE REAL THING, CHEAP TOO !!!! $$$$$$$$$$$$$

BoSoxFanNY

Meanwhile the CHICAGO WHITE SOX are about to lose again
to the Houston Astros 9 - 4.
Chicago got the lead in the top of the 5th inning, only to
let Houston tie up the game in the bottom of the inning.

Craig Kimbrel comes in to stop the scoring in the 7th inning and gives up
  a double and homer - Astros score 5 runs in the 7th inning.

Sea Dog 23

Another Sox out of action.  Richards has a hamstring issue, replaced by Matt Barnes.

markj

MongoLikeSox

That explains Richards early exit, then.

Yay! 2 base hits for RBI!

longgame

More of this guys!

Cora must have figured that putting Barnes on the roster would scare the hitters into action!

markj

Damn GIDP kills a good inning AGAIN. The Sox just can't live without 2 or 3 of these per game. So maddening.

longgame

And now Sale letting them right back in.  Come on guys, tighten up here.

longgame

Oh my freaking God.  A freaking grand slam by one of the worst guys in their lineup?  What the hell is going on?

Chris Sale getting hammered while we let a rookie off the hook.