ALDS GAME # 1 - THURSDAY, OCTOBER 7, 2021 - BOSTON RED SOX @ TAMPA BAY RAYS

Started by markj, October 07, 2021, 09:09:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

markj

MongoLikeSox

Ayuh! That's the way you take what you're given. couple hangers, throw in some walks, horrible umpiring for the aroserena AB, an untethered speedster and a whole bunch of GIDPs. 5-0

longgame

It’s a shame because Pivettta had the inning ending strikeout if the ump had called two clear strikes properly.  Blame is on leaving 3B unattended so he could go halfway to begin with. 

Getting really tired of the roof.  Vazquez can’t see anything that gets fouled off, you see him searching.  That last catch by Arroyo was scary.

I wonder if the Sox can actually get extra base hits rather than double plays with men on base?

markj

markj

markj

MongoLikeSox

markj

markj

These are the Sox who lost 2 of 3 to the Orioles a week or so ago.

BoSoxFanNY

Bases loaded - one out.
THEN, strikeout and pop out.

DANG IT.

Going to the bottom of the 8th inning
Rays 5 - Sox 0

MongoLikeSox

The same ones that could not touch that minor leaguer.

They are talking about it - Devers. What they are not pointing out is that right hand - the bottom hand - he is shaking it after swings. I think he hurt it Sunday during that monster game he had. There was one swing that looked harder than I've ever saw him, and I think he felt it on the spot.

longgame

They get some luck and still blow it.  Raffy is too good of a hitter to keep going out there looking like a rookie in big at bats.  Simply can’t load the bases with 1 out and not score if you hope to win in the postseason.

longgame

Quote from: MongoLikeSox on October 07, 2021, 10:08:36 PM

They are talking about it - Devers. What they are not pointing out is that right hand - the bottom hand - he is shaking it after swings. I think he hurt it Sunday during that monster game he had. There was one swing that looked harder than I've ever saw him, and I think he felt it on the spot.

They mentioned it in the wild card game too. 

MongoLikeSox

Quote from: longgame on October 07, 2021, 10:10:52 PM
Quote from: MongoLikeSox on October 07, 2021, 10:08:36 PM

They mentioned it in the wild card game too.
Ah, I didn't hear that.

btw - I signed up for the service you told me about and the roku is due here tomorrow.  thumb_u

BoSoxFanNY

And the Red Sox lose Game 1 to the Rays 5 - 0.

I AM disappointed, they had their chances to score
and couldn't get it down. Red Sox had 9 hits to the Rays 6.
Walks killed us AND the home run ball.  Red Sox hits were all singles.

(Harder emotionally to lose to the Yankees for me.)

I don't expect to win this series.
Hope they can be competitive and made a series out of this though.