WC GAME - TUESDAY, OCTOBER 5, 2021 - NEW YORK YANKEES @ BOSTON RED SOX

Started by markj, October 04, 2021, 09:09:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

markj

BoSoxFanNY

markj

Sox are going to play October baseball!!!! I don't believe it!!!

longgame

Yes!  Great game by the Sox.  Stanton was the only one that could harm them.

This may as well be their World Series as I don’t give them a great chance against the Rays but they stepped up and performed like a veteran team.  On the other hand, maybe this is a springboard for a run!

elktonnick

That was the best game they played since 2018!!  Not only did they beat the Yankees but they made fools of the ESPN annoucers.  Great win on so many levels!!!

longgame

Nice middle finger to the Yankees at the end there to finish it out with Whitlock. 

Can’t believe they got done before midnight!

BoSoxFanNY

Quote from: markj on October 05, 2021, 10:25:14 PM
Sox are going to play October baseball!!!! I don't believe it!!!

AMAZING!
NOW, the ESPN starts talking about how "good" the Red Sox are!

WOW!
Held my breath for a good part of the game.

YAHOOOOOOOOO!

longgame

Quote from: elktonnick on October 05, 2021, 10:27:44 PM
That was the best game they played since 2018!!  Not only did they beat the Yankees but they made fools of the ESPN annoucers.  Great win on so many levels!!!

It truly was.  They really stepped up when they needed to. 

I changed to ESPN2 and it was much better, after they tried to invoke Bucky Dent yet again I couldn’t take it anymore. ESPN doesn’t realize that nobody on either team was alive in 1978.

markj

So glad Gardner didn't make it to the plate at the end there. He's such a pest with his 15 foul ball ABs and then he manages to get on base.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: elktonnick on October 05, 2021, 08:45:05 PM
These ESPN announcers suck worse tonight than most nights.  When the Yankees are up they talk about the Yankees.  When the Yankees are in the field they talk about the Yankees.  It is as if the Yankees are playing themselves.

Well ESPN, those damn rotten announcers, and the their favoritism to the Yankees did them no good tonight.  Cora was at his best and managed a hell of a game as I thought he just might and Bogaerts did what all of us were praying for him to do by that big two  run homer that got us going in the right direction.  The ESPN jinx is dead, the announcers talk like they are dead, and the Yankees are dead.  red sox win, red sox win, oh oh oh the red sox win!!!!!!!!

SeaBeachFred

To me Elk it was the BEST win of the year.  We not only beat the Yankees, we beat ESPN and their horseshit announcers and all those pundits who said we were going to lose.  To be honest my head was telling me the Yankees should win this game but, truth be told, my heart was telling me we could take  this game.  As for you ESPN, take Bucky and 1978 and shove the whole thing up your ass.  I am now thoroughly convinced that we can beat the Yankees. This was the third time we have done it this century and three is a hat trick and a charm.

BoSoxFanNY

Quote from: longgame on October 05, 2021, 10:31:11 PM

It truly was.  They really stepped up when they needed to. 

I changed to ESPN2 and it was much better, after they tried to invoke Bucky Dent yet again I couldn’t take it anymore. ESPN doesn’t realize that nobody on either team was alive in 1978.

I muted the ESPN feed for a good part of the game.
Hmmmm - didn't think to go to ESPN 2.

And, YES -
The Red Sox BEAT the Yankees on ESPN
and are going on to the ALDS.
This win feels so good.

MongoLikeSox

Woo Hoo!!!!
I thought Cora made too many moves, but we got away with it. Thank goodness for not clearing the Monster and then turning around and getting Judge out at the plate. That saved it right then and there. That's when i started to believe. In games we lose, those shots are home runs, not base running mistakes waiting to happen in our favor.

On to the Rays. It can be done.

Bill-806

WOW-WE-SIR-BOB & TEXAS !!!!!  AS DAD WOULD SAY , "SON, WONDER WHAT THE BOYS ON THE KEY BOARD HAVE TO SAY ABOUT CORA TODAY " ????????  ACTUALLY, THAT WAS A GREAT GAME & IT'S ON TO TAMPA !!!! STAY HOT, SOX !!!! thumb_u thumb_u thumb_u thumb_u thumb_u rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

longgame

Quote from: MongoLikeSox on October 05, 2021, 11:45:52 PM
Woo Hoo!!!!
I thought Cora made too many moves, but we got away with it. Thank goodness for not clearing the Monster and then turning around and getting Judge out at the plate. That saved it right then and there. That's when i started to believe. In games we lose, those shots are home runs, not base running mistakes waiting to happen in our favor.

On to the Rays. It can be done.

Well said Mongo.  Cora seems to do well with these moves in postseason games.  It helps of course when the guys step up and perform.  We've been talking about the offense finally showing some toughness, but what about the pitching last night?  Eovaldi was great and while my gut said leave him in, pulling him turned out to the right move. 

The most enjoyable Red Sox game I've watched since 2018 for sure.