5. Ryan Zimmerman (R) 1B
6. Jordy Mercer (R) 2B
7. Alex Avila (L) C
8. Carter Kieboom (R) 3B
9. Joan Adon (R) P

Gametime Temp: 78°F
Chance of Precip: 2%

markj

This could be a wild mess depending on how these games turn out. The short answer for the Sox is, win today and be done with it.

https://www.mlb.com/news/american-league-wild-card-tiebreakers-explained

Sea Dog 23

Pitching today is prospect Joan.  No he is not Joan of Arc.  sigh  Most time this year in A ball.  He did pitch a couple games at AA and one AAA.  His MLB debut I think.

The Nats pitcher yesterday, Gray, was part of what they got from the Dodgers for Scherzer and Turner.  So he was highly valued and had a great game yesterday.

Bill-806

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on October 03, 2021, 09:23:09 AM
Pitching today is prospect Joan.  No he is not Joan of Arc.  sigh  Most time this year in A ball.  He did pitch a couple games at AA and one AAA.  His MLB debut I think.

The Nats pitcher yesterday, Gray, was part of what they got from the Dodgers for Scherzer and Turner.  So he was highly valued and had a great game yesterday.
MORE REASON THAT THE SOX NEED TO TAKE CARE OF BUSINESS !!!  DON'T BLOW IT BOYS !!!! IT HAS BEEN A WILD RIDE !! thumb_u thumb_u rofl rofl rofl rofl

Sea Dog 23

Not sure how the Sox will handle the Jays or the Rays if they can't get clutch hits against an A ball pitcher.  But we do have Sale today.

markj

Hernandez looked like crap against a minor league pitcher. Totally baffled.

longgame

Sox sleeping through this game too.  An unaccomplished minor leaguers is mowing them down. 

WAKE UP!

Sea Dog 23

The Mariners starter has been clocked for 4 runs by LAA.  The Jays appear on the way, having knocked out the O's starter.

markj

Remind me again which one of these pitchers is the ace and which is the minor leaguer?

markj

longgame

Quote from: markj on October 03, 2021, 03:04:43 PM
Remind me again which one of these pitchers is the ace and which is the minor leaguer?

Remind me again which one of these teams is the wild card contender and which is the last place team. 

Nice walk with the bases loaded by Sale.

Who does Cora think he has in that bullpen that is better than Chris Sale.

markj

Our "ace" just walked in a freakin' run and is done for the day. Outperformed by a minor leaguer. Pitiful.

longgame

I was going to make a joke that Cora was going to pull Sale.  Can’t believe he did.  No wonder our bullpen is toast.

markj

markj