GAME #161 - SATURDAY, OCTOBER 02, 2021 - BOSTON RED SOX @ WASHINGTON NATIONALS

Started by markj, October 02, 2021, 09:25:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MongoLikeSox

That dipsh*t got burned on this very thing twice already this year. He's 0-for-3 letting pitchers hit/run and going back out. Once in Atlanta and once in Phiily, IIRC. Then now. Just awful.

longgame

Amazed that I left a restaurant with some friends and the game tied at one going in to the ninth and now its 5 to 3. 

elktonnick

Quote from: MongoLikeSox on October 02, 2021, 06:51:54 PM
That dipsh*t got burned on this very thing twice already this year. He's 0-for-3 letting pitchers hit/run and going back out. Once in Atlanta and once in Phiily, IIRC. Then now. Just awful.

Don't you know that Cora is the smartest baseball manager.  He doesn't learn from his mistakes because he doesn't make any.

markj

Dammitt! Vaz lined him out for an outside pitch and he missed. Why not just drill one over? Now the tying run is at the plate.

markj

Whew, that was closer than it needed to be. But at least they closed it out.

longgame

I think the Sox clinched a wild card spot.  If they win tomorrow they´ll have home field.  Although I guess if there’s a three way tie they’d have to have a playoff.  Not sure. 

elktonnick

elktonnick

Quote from: longgame on October 02, 2021, 07:01:27 PM
I think the Sox clinched a wild card spot.  If they win tomorrow they´ll have home field.  Although I guess if there’s a three way tie they’d have to have a playoff.  Not sure.

They did not clinch a wild card spot per se but they did guarantee that they will play at least once more after tomorrow

MongoLikeSox

They control their way into the playoffs and where they play if they win tomorrow.

Sea Dog 23

Yes, the Sox will live to play another game.  The magic number is 91 wins right now.  The Sox and Yanks hold the advantage, both with 91 (Toronto and Seattle have 90).    Simply put, if Sox and Yanks both win today, they've got the wildcards.  But if either lose, Toronto has a great chance playing the lowly Orioles, to get into a play-in with one of the Sox/Yanks for wild card #2, if either lose Sunday. 

Seattle has a chance as well at a play-in, since the Angels decided to shut down Ohtani and not pitch him against Mariners today.  These are just some notes I've written down, and they could be wrong. 

Bill-806

PINCH ME , PINCH ME , ANOTHER WIN !!!!  GO SOX , GET TODAY !!! thumb_u thumb_u rofl rofl rofl