GAME #156 - SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 26, 2021 - NEW YORK YANKEES @ BOSTON RED SOX

Started by markj, September 26, 2021, 10:14:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

markj

Quote from: longgame on September 26, 2021, 09:25:45 PM
I don’t think you can review that call, but he could have said something.  West was looking in the other direction, like he usually is.

The sad thing in this game is the Sox never can capitalize on opportunities and night after night the bullpen is blowing it.  Just pathetic.

If so, then Vaz should have held that ball until West called the strike.

markj

1st and 3rd with one out and again, nothing. No. Clutch. Hitting.

BoSoxFanNY

You know - When the Sox started off the season with beating the Yankees
8 in a row - the media crushed the Yankees.  And, we Red Sox fans, were gloating.

I remembered that in 2009 - the Red Sox beat the Yankees the first 8 games as well.
The Yankees went on to win the World Series.
I don't think they will win this year - but - they are playing very well.

I had hoped for at least one win this weekend, and sadly the Red Sox will leave
Fenway Park in third place, 2nd in the Wild Card.
CRAP.

Will be rooting for the Blue Jays and Rays this week
AND hoping for the Red Sox to beat the Orioles and Nationals.

STILL shaking at how bad our bullpen pitching has been the last
two games. 

MongoLikeSox

Whichever announce it was that was giggling like a school girl after Stanton's homer should never be allowed to call a Sox Yankees game again for ESPN.

markj

Quote from: MongoLikeSox on September 26, 2021, 09:40:26 PM
Whichever announce it was that was giggling like a school girl after Stanton's homer should never be allowed to call a Sox Yankees game again for ESPN.

ESPN has always been pro-Yankees. They love it when Yankees do well.

markj

Schwarber K's looking at a meatball over the plate. Nice. I won't be sad if he's gone next season.

BoSoxFanNY

SWEPT by the Yankees IN Fenway Park.
A true gut punch.

AFTER a 7 game winning streak . . .

Sox lose 6 - 3.

ESPN reported that Stanton hit 3 home runs against the Sox
this weekend scoring 10 runs.

Sea Dog 23

Quote from: BoSoxFanNY on September 26, 2021, 09:58:59 PM
SWEPT by the Yankees IN Fenway Park.
A true gut punch.

AFTER a 7 game winning streak . . .

Sox lose 6 - 3.

ESPN reported that Stanton hit 3 home runs against the Sox
this weekend scoring 10 runs.

Won those 7 games largely on the backs of terrible teams.  The true measure of the Sox will be what they did in front of top MLB contenders this year after ASB.  The nightmare brewing right now is the Sox having to face the Yanks again in a wild card game, probably at Yankee Stadium.  Does anyone feel any better about those prospects after this series?

Bill-806

SO OBVIOUS , CHANGE IS NEEDED !!! PAINFUL TO WATCH !!  HEY BOBBY DALBEC , DON'T GET HURT ON THAT IST BASE WALL !! COME ON MAN, CATCH THOSE BALLS .....  27 OUTS ARE TOUGH ENOUGH !!  thumb_d thumb_d iono iono sigh sigh sigh

longgame

The Yankee home broadcast was worse than usual.  At least they had Big Papi on for a little while.  Loved when they showed him celebrating quietly when the Sox turned a DP.  They really can't help themselves, and of course they (whether the ESPN crew or the Fox crew) have a favorite in every game and don't hide it well. 

elktonnick

Matt Vastergian is absolutely the worst baseball broadcaster on television.  ESPN consistently does the worst job of broadcasting baseball games.

Sea Dog 23

OK, it's time for a reality check for Cora and the Sox.  Now a game behind the Yanks and a game ahead of the Jays.  The Yanks get their comeupance after 3 in Boston with 3 in Toronto, followed by 3 with the Rays.  We get the O's, then travel to DC for the Nats.  I would think in almost the worst scenario, we should be at least tied or a game ahead of NY this time next Monday. 

It is time for the Sox to make hay if they have any lifeblood to count on this miserable day for the fans, at least for this fan, with all my baseball and NFL teams losing yesterday.

longgame

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on September 27, 2021, 09:18:38 AM
OK, it's time for a reality check for Cora and the Sox.  Now a game behind the Yanks and a game ahead of the Jays.  The Yanks get their comeupance after 3 in Boston with 3 in Toronto, followed by 3 with the Rays.  We get the O's, then travel to DC for the Nats.  I would think in almost the worst scenario, we should be at least tied or a game ahead of NY this time next Monday. 

It is time for the Sox to make hay if they have any lifeblood to count on this miserable day for the fans, at least for this fan, with all my baseball and NFL teams losing yesterday.

It's hard to believe they are actually in a good position right now but they are.  Of course this is a team that has shown that it can blow any opportunity that presents itself.  Last week I noted how they were in control, but you had to assume they'd at least win one against the Yankees.  Sox play against two teams who have combined to win 114 games to date.  NYY play teams that have won 184 games, Toronto, 139 (NY and BAL). 

Only factor against the Sox is the National League games which will mean a bunch of guys to play in LF or 1B.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: markj on September 26, 2021, 09:08:25 PM
Is Cora sleeping? Why didn't they challenge that foul tip? Look what it cost them!!

Cora has been asleep at the wheel since Spring Training 2019. 
He has lost his marbles; never hon ed up to his ill ill fated ST regimen that year.  He has proven his incompetence by playing his favorites over better players.....ex., playing Santana on first base instead of Dalbec on a few occasions saying Santana was a switch hitter even though his success rate as a RH batter was closer to 100 than 200.  He constantly screwed Christian Arroyo earlier in the season by taking out a hitter who was doing well at the plate just so he could get his pet Marwin the Miserable into the lineup with his Mendoza Line average.  Saturday he sent a LH pitcher who has failed continuously all season to face Stanton instead of letting Houck get that third out.  Apparently thought he could look like a genius it worked when I don't think anyone with a brain watching that game thought it could end any other way than a disdaster.

I will not watch any more Red Sox games this week and hope they do not make the playoffs.  I want Cora out so badly that I feel that this is the only way to finally rid themselves of that filthy rotten cheater who can't fess us to his mistakes, plays favorites and thinks he is some kind of genius when in actuality he has become little more than a worthless bum in the dugout.

SeaBeachFred

I wonder whether the Boston press will be compliant after this season and go the party line in the Boston Globe owned by the Prune himself or whether they will hammer the shit out of him and show some spine demanding that cheap no good bum open his friggin' wallet and start spending some serious money for talent while Bloom shows some balls by getting rid of some of our overrated chokers who botched the biggest series o the year.  I know the Herald will hammer Henry and I hope all the rest of the NE papers.  Face it friends, this team disgraced itself this weekend just as they did in 2020, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2015 and 2019.  There's four last place finished there and the biggest September choke up in another.  All this while the Yankees have had 29 straight winning seasons.  Yes, I know we have them beat 4-1`in WS  Titles and that is to our good.  However, there is no reason on earth why a team like the Red Sox in  big market and an owner who is billionaire by five or ten should be stingy and allow our team to put out shits like Gonzales, Santana, Cordero, Barnes, Richards and some of the other turds who have brought once again disgrace to our beloved team.