GAME #134 - TUESDAY, AUGUST 31, 2021 - BOSTON RED SOX @ TAMPA BAY RAYS

Started by markj, August 31, 2021, 07:39:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: longgame on September 01, 2021, 07:55:49 AM
I'm not sure of the specifics, but I do know the team has not reached a certain threshold of vaccinated players.  Players would do wise to see what happened to former NFL MVP Cam Newton yesterday if they don't care about their health or their teammates.   This was a team that was sinking and looking for help and the front office threw them an anchor.  Now they're trying to patch the ship after it hit the iceberg.  I'll keep going back to the "moves" Bloom made - from the bad pitchers to a guy who is a good ballplayer but a month later can only play about half the time and screws up the rest of the lineup.  But I have to think that having Bogey in particular out, after already losing two key guys (I really feel bad for Arroyo), had to be a dagger to the heart.  Plus these guys know the slop they're bringing in to fill these now gaping holes. 

Another thing, if they manage to not keep Bogey and Devers as a core of a team going forward, they're going to get crowds like they do in Tampa Bay as people will just be watching laundry at that point.

It might be an interesting winter after all Ted.  But is interesting the right word or nightmare a better term to use?  Bloom might just try to totally reset and if Henry really is that cocerned in getting our payroll in order he may just let him do it.  The question is how close are our young minor league prospects like Yorke, Casas and others  ready to move up within a year or two.