8. Kevin Kiermaier (L) CF
9. Francisco Mejia (S) C

Gametime Temp: 96°F
Chance of Precip: 2%

markj

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: markj on August 31, 2021, 07:39:41 AM
Richards starting. White flag indeed.

Lot of white flags markj.  However, he has thrown well in relief of late and perhaps with a miracle of sorts he can bring that mind set to his start tonight and really surprise us.  Maybe not either.  Still we need to hit better and Cora must put his nine best hitters on that field---and no playing favorites, a habit Alex has come to be notorious for.

longgame

Red Sox Nation Stats
@RSNStats
·
1m
Among pitchers traded at this year's #MLB trade deadline, no two relievers with 200+ pitches thrown since July 31 have allowed a higher opponent AVG than #RedSox Hansel Robles (.302) and Austin Davis (.280).

Robles' .400 opponent wOBA in that time is also tops among that list.

Heck of a job Bloomie!

longgame

I imagine it will be a late lineup post again as they wait for word on who is available.  I'm trying to sort through this mess.

I believe Arroyo and Hernandez need to remain quarantined in Cleveland for anywhere from 10-14 days.  Does anyone have any clarification on that?  I'm pretty sure the rule is 10 days but I think Judge was out 14. 

Perez, Barnes and Taylor are all close contacts I think but have not shown symptoms.  I think Barnes had a positive test.  Can they come back as soon as they get a negative test?

I wonder what other effects may be announced today.

Sea Dog 23

With the influx of bullpen names like DeLeon, Rios, Davis and Robles in the last month, there is some dumpster diving going on. A couple of those fellas weren’t worth the paperwork and got optioned.  Add to that Barnes, Perez and Taylor on the covid watch, it is almost a bizarre scene. Either bad luck or a lot of bad choices by mgt. and players, or some of both.

longgame

Plus we're dumpster diving around the league and coming up with guys like Brad Peacock - who is now tonight's starter.  A horrible pitcher going on short rest.

Still no lineup at 5. 

Sawamura out now too.

longgame

And Brad Hand was DFA'd from the Blue Jays so I'd expect him to be in a Sox uni by the end of the game tonight.  In fact I heard there were a couple of girls from St. Mary's for the Blind that made the roster.

markj

QuoteThe Sox acquired Brad Peacock on Monday, then named him the starter Tuesday afternoon. After spending eight years with the Astros, Peacock became a free agent in October, then signed with Cleveland on June 25. Assigned to Triple A Columbus, he posted a 7.68 ERA in 11 games, 10 of which were starts.

Oh boy.  sigh

SeaBeachFred

I've read enough-----and it doesn't give me cause to think positive about our chances tonight.

Sea Dog 23

Quote from: longgame on August 31, 2021, 04:07:33 PM
Plus we're dumpster diving around the league and coming up with guys like Brad Peacock - who is now tonight's starter.  A horrible pitcher going on short rest.

Still no lineup at 5. 

Sawamura out now too.

I see that Stephen Gonsalves (a 2020 bullpen arm) got the call up for Sawamura.

Sea Dog 23

Something up with Bogey.  He got a hit in the first.  Then gets pulled for Arauz moving to SS and Munoz at 2B.  The broadcast crew is concerned about a covid test.

longgame

MongoLikeSox

Ouch! And if he is, you know who follows him off the field. Man oh man, this Covid thing has been nonstop surrealism for 18 months. In the end, of course, you hope everyone is alright and nobody gets nailed like erod did.

longgame

I was thinking the same thing Mongo, Raffy may be right behind him. 

I’m also trying to figure out why I’m still watching this game as the Sox totally implode.