GAME #133 - MONDAY, AUGUST 30, 2021 - BOSTON RED SOX @ TAMPA BAY RAYS

Started by markj, August 30, 2021, 08:00:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill-806

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on August 31, 2021, 04:50:07 AM
That was a tough pitching matchup for Sox.  Pitino will shut down a lot of AL clubs.

But I don’t really understand what Cora is up to with the pitching.  He said he is not using Eovaldi at Tampa this week, giving Sale an extra days rest, and using an opener for Eovaldo’s slot this week.  Did they exhaust the staff with Twins and Indians?  Otherwise it looks like he just put up a white flag.  I dunno.
OPENER ????  There's the KEY , as DAD would say , "SON, if ya can't beat them, join them " !!!!! thumb_u iono iono rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

longgame

That was a tough pitching matchup for Sox.  Pitino will shut down a lot of AL clubs.

But I don’t really understand what Cora is up to with the pitching.  He said he is not using Eovaldi at Tampa this week, giving Sale an extra days rest, and using an opener for Eovaldo’s slot this week.  Did they exhaust the staff with Twins and Indians?  Otherwise it looks like he just put up a white flag.  I dunno.

Something about pushing an extra day of rest which gets Sale two starts against the Rays.  But there's no flow right now and after losing this game we're basically surrendering tonight's game.

Also the Sox have had a lot of "touch pitching matchups" lately.  Basically any major league starter against this lineup is a "tough pitching matchup" for them. 

Just getting harder to watch by the day.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: longgame on August 31, 2021, 08:00:56 AM

Something about pushing an extra day of rest which gets Sale two starts against the Rays.  But there's no flow right now and after losing this game we're basically surrendering tonight's game.

Also the Sox have had a lot of "touch pitching matchups" lately.  Basically any major league starter against this lineup is a "tough pitching matchup" for them. 

Just getting harder to watch by the day.

Ted---I am about as close to throwing in the towel tis season as never before.  Today is a throwaway game from  where I sit.  The only saving grace is that since Martin Perez is on the IL he can't go out there and make my blood boil with his miserable ineffectiveness.  Still, a bullpen game is the outlook tonight since they want to give Sale another day of rest---for what I do not know.  He can throw six innings, or should be able to.  Alex Cora has his hands tied with all the sudden absences but he still causes problems for himself with his stubborness.  Devers CANNOT hit well in the second spot.  T his has been proven over and over so guess where he was last night?  Second and an 0 for 4.  Doesn't Cora ever learn?  Yet in a way you have to feel a little sorry for him.  His table is getting a little short of bodies and we're shorthanded.  As for Devers, if JDM ops out at the end of the season Raffy must be taken off third base and made DH where his defense will no longer be an albatross  around our necks.  Dalbec play third and with work be a better man there than Devers because Raffy has not improved his defense since he was brought up.  And I now see that Dalbec may have turned a corner and may just become the power hiter we hoped he would become,