GAME #132 - SUNDAY, AUGUST 29, 2021 - BOSTON RED SOX @ CLEVELAND INDIANS

Started by markj, August 29, 2021, 09:00:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

markj

markj

markj

markj

Verdugo runs into an out. ("Into an out?" Is that an oxymoron?)

markj

markj

markj

longgame

Quote from: markj on August 29, 2021, 06:23:00 PM
Uh-oh. Barnes sighting in the BP.

His bullpen mates wont let him come in for a save, they like giving up the lead themselves. 

Even if they hold this tie, anyone have confidence that Barnes would hold it.

longgame

longgame

Amazing propensity to make giving up leads a full team thing.  Freaking interference.  And now Barnes.

markj

longgame

Even though it really doesn’t matter, I hate when O’Brien starts going on, as he did in the 7th inning, about ¨how if the Sox win this it will be their 6th season sweep¨ Any baseball player hates the mentions of streaks and statistical anomalies.  Just bad luck to mention stuff like that.

Sea Dog 23

Playing Rangers, Twins, Indians to fatten the record.  Playing the Rays in four will find out what kind of fight the Sox really have.

BoSoxFanNY

Had too many opportunities to score in the early innings
and did not get that big scoring inning.
All home runs were solo shots.

UGHHHHHH - the bullpen.
Enough said . . .

MongoLikeSox

Today is what happens when your manager manages the previous two games as if he had 9 good pitchers in the bullpen.
Kudos to upper management for the Robles trade.
I'm not sure I've ever seen two players screwed with so much as I have with Houck and Chavis.Then again, walk 9 times in 73 games (20/21) and, well - two way street to a large extent. Still, it's not pretty.

If Arauze is injured - Munoz (OF'er by trade), Shaw (couple years ago when the Brewers traded for Mustokas) and , um, Santana? Wong played a game there and only had 3 errors. Marwin just signed with the Astros yesterday, so he's not even available for re-hire. Santana has a couple dozen games at 2b. Duran played there in college, but no way they'd do that. Maybe they can sign Sawamura's interpreter to a deal. He's a young man (not Sawamura) and ......  kidding, of course.