GAME #131 - SATURDAY, AUGUST 28, 2021 - BOSTON RED SOX @ CLEVELAND INDIANS

Started by markj, August 28, 2021, 08:54:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sea Dog 23

You will take notice JD was DH’ing today.  Able to film study, yoga, meditation, whatever between bats.

markj

Perez follows the Red Sox BP unwritten rule and walks the first batter.

markj

elktonnick

markj

markj

Ottavino in to (hopefully) clean up the mess Perez made. Why Cora didn't just go with Ottavino to start the inning is beyond me. Maybe he was hoping to rest him?

markj

Sea Dog 23

On the final out Arauz was smart to rush his throw. A way too close call at first.

longgame

Perez coming in was baffling.  Ottavino scares the crap out of me at times but a far better choice than Perez.

Good to see JDM have a big game.  Need more of that.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on August 28, 2021, 06:44:07 PM
You will take notice JD was DH’ing today.  Able to film study, yoga, meditation, whatever between bats.

If brain dead Cora will bat JD THIRD and  keep him at DH he will get the best out of him.  He likes to study his mechanics in the clubhouse after each at-bat or between innings.  He cannot do that in the outfield and I think it hurts him psychologically.  This game is part mental too you know and for some reason Alex needs to learn that.  Fortunatley he learned that today.  Hopefully he remembers that tomorrow and maybe we can run the tables on the Indians.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: markj on August 28, 2021, 06:54:02 PM
Perez follows the Red Sox BP unwritten rule and walks the first batter.

I nearly went catatonic when I saw that Perez started the tenth inning.  Why???  He has been a total waste for us the past near two months.  Either he is walking batters or getting hammered by them.  Mop up work is all he is good for right now.  Fortunately  Adam came in and restored order..  It was another good win against the Indians.

Bill-806

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on August 28, 2021, 02:51:21 PM
Quote from: markj on August 28, 2021, 08:54:22 AM
4:05PM Eastern

Red Sox

Nathan Eovaldi (R)

1. Jarren Duran (L) CF
2. Kyle Schwarber (L) LF
3. J.D. Martinez (R) DH
4. Xander Bogaerts (R) SS
5. Rafael Devers (L) 3B
6. Alex Verdugo (L) RF
7. Christian Vazquez (R) C
8. Travis Shaw (L) 1B
9. Jonathan Arauz (S) 2B

Indians

Cal Quantrill (R)

1. Myles Straw (R) CF
2. Amed Rosario (R) SS
3. Jose Ramirez (S) 3B
4. Franmil Reyes (R) DH
5. Bradley Zimmer (L) RF
6. Bobby Bradley (L) 1B
7. Austin Hedges (R) C
8. Daniel Johnson (L) LF
9. Andres Gimenez (L) 2B

Gametime Temp: 85°F
Chance of Precip: 9%

I like JDM hitting third and not fifth and I like Devers hitting fifth and not second.  Duren is our future leadoff hitter and it would be great if he could show some of his leadoff talent today.
LOVED seeing DURAN trot out to the 2nd base bag to start the 10th  !!!  You can bet the pitcher & defense felt the pressure ???  GOOD WIN to get !!!! thumb_u

Sea Dog 23

Too bad Duran got hit by Cleve catcher between pitches.  I trust it was not intentional.  sigh

Bill-806

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on August 29, 2021, 08:05:14 AM
Too bad Duran got hit by Cleve catcher between pitches.  I trust it was not intentional.  sigh
Ya think they were trying to slow him down ?????   iono iono rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl