5. Bradley Zimmer (L) RF
6. Bobby Bradley (L) 1B
7. Austin Hedges (R) C
8. Daniel Johnson (L) LF
9. Andres Gimenez (L) 2B

Gametime Temp: 85°F
Chance of Precip: 9%

Bill-806

Can't wait to see todays lineup !!  BRAVO for Cora putting DALBEC at 3rd last night !!!  I didn't see the game , any report on how DALBEC did at the plate & in the field ?????  GO SOX , SATURDAY 4:00 BASEBALL IS ALWAYS GOOD !!! thumb_u thumb_u

Sea Dog 23

Tough to sit a hot hitter like Dalbec in favor of Shaw and JD who is slumping.  I’m now have a favor of playing the younger guys more, especially those ready to break out.  At some point they’re going to give 2B Nick Yorke a look, maybe as soon as late ‘22.  He’s batting .400/.667/1.067 in A ball and could have a brighter future than Downs who is slumping bad this year.  I think Yorke just got a call up to AA for coffee.  This is his first pro season after minors elected not to have a 2020 season because of covid.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Bill-806 on August 28, 2021, 10:33:56 AM
Can't wait to see todays lineup !!  BRAVO for Cora putting DALBEC at 3rd last night !!!  I didn't see the game , any report on how DALBEC did at the plate & in the field ?????  GO SOX , SATURDAY 4:00 BASEBALL IS ALWAYS GOOD !!! thumb_u thumb_u

Only if you win Bill, only if our team wins!!!!!!!

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: markj on August 28, 2021, 08:54:22 AM
4:05PM Eastern

Red Sox

Nathan Eovaldi (R)

1. Jarren Duran (L) CF
2. Kyle Schwarber (L) LF
3. J.D. Martinez (R) DH
4. Xander Bogaerts (R) SS
5. Rafael Devers (L) 3B
6. Alex Verdugo (L) RF
7. Christian Vazquez (R) C
8. Travis Shaw (L) 1B
9. Jonathan Arauz (S) 2B

Indians

Cal Quantrill (R)

1. Myles Straw (R) CF
2. Amed Rosario (R) SS
3. Jose Ramirez (S) 3B
4. Franmil Reyes (R) DH
5. Bradley Zimmer (L) RF
6. Bobby Bradley (L) 1B
7. Austin Hedges (R) C
8. Daniel Johnson (L) LF
9. Andres Gimenez (L) 2B

Gametime Temp: 85°F
Chance of Precip: 9%

I like JDM hitting third and not fifth and I like Devers hitting fifth and not second.  Duren is our future leadoff hitter and it would be great if he could show some of his leadoff talent today.

Sea Dog 23

Good to see the top of the order coming out to make a statement.  Schwarber with a bomb, then JD and Bogey  in on the action.

markj

Eovaldi giving it all back in the 2nd. 2 runs in, one out so far.

markj

Sea Dog 23

Nathan has gone 97 pitches.  One out in the 6th after a double. His time is short.

markj

markj

markj

Vaz gets a double and then Munoz comes in to pinch run. Is it the speed factor or is Cora afraid Vaz will run into an out for the umpteenth time?

markj

markj

JD heard me saying he's not clutch, so today he proves me wrong. 3-run dinger to put the Sox up 5-2 in the tenth. I'll go heat up some crow now.

Schloicka

Quote from: markj on August 28, 2021, 06:36:56 PM
JD heard me saying he's not clutch, so today he proves me wrong. 3-run dinger to put the Sox up 5-2 in the tenth. I'll go heat up some crow now.

Been a while since he's been clutch. Need him to come around.