GAME #130 - FRIDAY, AUGUST 27, 2021 - BOSTON RED SOX @ CLEVELAND INDIANS

Started by markj, August 27, 2021, 09:04:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

markj

markj

markj

Is there a Red Sox rule that says the closer must walk the first batter faced?

markj

Ottavino does it. Sox win 4-3. Now I'm in the uncomfortable position of rooting for a Yankees win to put the A's down another game in the WC.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: markj on August 27, 2021, 09:12:02 PM
Ottavino does it. Sox win 4-3. Now I'm in the uncomfortable position of rooting for a Yankees win to put the A's down another game in the WC.

Not me....not ever.  I never root for the YANKEEWS AT ANY ANY TIME.  Jonathan Arauz has gotten a few hits for us when called up and I thought he might be a good utility man for us.  He tried to bunt in the 8th with two on and no outs and looked pathetic.  I yelled at the monitor..LET HIM HIT.   He then went deep for a three run job and then I had to sweat the bullpen but we got through.  Look after the past three weeks I'll take whatever I can get from these guys.  A great win tonight for us and Eduord pitched a pretty good game for a change.

Sea Dog 23

There must have been tired legs on the travel day.  I can’t believe I’m seeing a back end pitcher make our top five batters go hitless.  Then we get all the production from 8 and 9.  (Dalbec did get a hit as well)  Munoz had a 35 game hit streak ended last night.

Sea Dog 23

The way Cora was talking after this game, he is thinking pushing Santana to get ready to add some depth to the team.  Arroyo could be day to day, depending on negative testing. Renfroe not expected to return until Sun or Monday.  It is what it is.

Bill-806

A lot of GYMNASTICS in that lineup ??  I will take the WIN & moveon.saturday !!! rofl rofl rofl

longgame

I’m with Fred on the Yankees.  Especially because before that game they were about the same distance from us.   Yankees are very hot right now.  Let´s hope it catches up with them.