7. Owen Miller (R) 2B
8. Yu Chang (R) 1B
9. Oscar Mercado (R) LF

Gametime Temp: 81°F
Chance of Precip: 3%

Bill-806

POTENTIAL FOR 4 GOOD INNINGS ??? thumb_d iono iono sigh sigh rofl rofl rofl

Sea Dog 23

Allen must be a AAA pitcher for the Tribe. Three appearances MLB July 5,  5 runs, 7 hits in 3.1 IP vs Rays.
Jun 30 vs DET 3.2 IP, 3 runs, 3 hits.
Apr 28 vs MIN 1.1 IP, 5 runs, 6 hits.

longgame

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on August 27, 2021, 02:01:28 PM
Allen must be a AAA pitcher for the Tribe. Three appearances MLB July 5,  5 runs, 7 hits in 3.1 IP vs Rays.
Jun 30 vs DET 3.2 IP, 3 runs, 3 hits.
Apr 28 vs MIN 1.1 IP, 5 runs, 6 hits.

Apparently pitched a little for the Padres in 2019, was traded to the Tribe and has seen limited time (i.e. one or two innings) in 19 and 20 and started 5 games in April before being sent down.  1-5 with a 9.13 ERA this year with Cleveland. 

SeaBeachFred

Bu look at who is pitching for us.  When I saw Eduardo was going on the hill tonight my first words were  O SHIT!!!!!!  He has been a bitter failure this season for us.  Maybe a good game against the Yankees and two other outings but lately he nibbles, falls behind batter and then gets hammered.  A pathetic waste of talent. Either he he's not recovered from his illness last season or he is just simply dogshit.  And why in hell do we still play night games on getaway days, something started by that jerk of all jerks Larry Lucchino years back.  Instead of getting a goodnight's sleep the team must hustle on a plane to travel and perhaps get in Cleveland worn out.  Simply to make a few bucks for Prune Face that will certainly not going to go into free agents this winter.

longgame

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on August 27, 2021, 03:14:20 PM
Bu look at who is pitching for us.  When I saw Eduardo was going on the hill tonight my first words were  O SHIT!!!!!!  He has been a bitter failure this season for us.  Maybe a good game against the Yankees and two other outings but lately he nibbles, falls behind batter and then gets hammered.  A pathetic waste of talent. Either he he's not recovered from his illness last season or he is just simply dogshit.  And why in hell do we still play night games on getaway days, something started by that jerk of all jerks Larry Lucchino years back.  Instead of getting a goodnight's sleep the team must hustle on a plane to travel and perhaps get in Cleveland worn out.  Simply to make a few bucks for Prune Face that will certainly not going to go into free agents this winter.

To me he's one of the biggest disappointments on this team.  He appears to have talent, but can't summon it when he needs to and seems to be afraid of hitters with either men on base or a hitters' count.

Lineup very late again today.

Sea Dog 23

Quote from: longgame on August 27, 2021, 03:51:32 PM
Quote from: SeaBeachFred on August 27, 2021, 03:14:20 PM

To me he's one of the biggest disappointments on this team.  He appears to have talent, but can't summon it when he needs to and seems to be afraid of hitters with either men on base or a hitters' count.

Lineup very late again today.

A blow to Sox tonight.  Kike’ (symptoms) and Arroyo (contact) are on Covid watch and will not play.  Munoz and Arauz called up.

Sea Dog 23

The radio guys said Logan Allen has a 17+ era in the 2nd inning, but the Sox are no puzzle to Allen in the 1st.  Allen is a 2015 Red Sox draft pick, but was shipped out to San Diego in the Craig Kimbrell deal.

markj

markj

markj

markj

Vaz pulls a JD and hits into a DP while also driving in a run. Sox down 2-1.

markj

E-Rod finally has a decent game and the useless Red Sox hitters are letting him swing in the breeze. Stymied by a AAA flunkie. *If* the Sox make it to a one-game playoff with the Yanks, I can see them doing this to Sale.

markj

I. Don't. Believe. It.

Arauz, who I was grousing about, hits a 3-run dinger to put the Sox up 4-3. I thought sure he'd GIDP.

longgame

Quote from: markj on August 27, 2021, 08:29:32 PM
I. Don't. Believe. It.

Arauz, who I was grousing about, hits a 3-run dinger to put the Sox up 4-3. I thought sure he'd GIDP.

Definitely didn't see that coming! 

E-Rod pitched well, I thought he was going to fall apart in the 4th.  Can't believe the Sox made another bad pitcher look like an ace.