GAME #129 - THURSDAY, AUGUST 26, 2021 - MINNESOTA TWINS @ BOSTON RED SOX

Started by markj, August 26, 2021, 07:54:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

markj

Sale done after 5.1. Was thinking and hoping he'd go deeper. Leaves 2 on for Whitlock.

markj

markj

Now we know why this Garcia guy has an ERA north of 9. Sox up 7-2 now.

markj

JD comes up against a struggling pitcher with the bases loaded and no outs and hits into a DP. He did drive in a run, so that's something. But "clutch" is just not part of his arsenal.

Then Raffy comes in and goes yard for 2 more. Sox up 10-2 now.

markj

Whitlock with a nice, clean inning. Barely had time to go get a drink and it was over.

markj

Garcia back out there. Obviously the Twins have thrown in the towel.

markj

Schloicka

Quote from: markj on August 26, 2021, 09:00:42 PM
Dalbec is having a hell of a night. 2nd dinger. 7 RBI.

i give him credit. He knows why Schwarber was brought here and he goes out and does his job.

markj

Richards scuffling. Bases loaded. 10 run lead should be safe, but he's not doing himself any favors here.

He did get out if it, though.

markj

JD can't even get a hit against a position player throwing beach balls. Or maybe he was just being kind.

markj

Astudillo (catcher) comes in and gets through an inning without giving up a run. I'm hoping the Sox were just being good sports. Now Barnes. Even he can't blow this lead.

markj

Barnes finally closes it out. But I think he got out performed by Astudillo. LOL

SeaBeachFred

Dalbec has had a very impressive August, something I cannot say for the rest of his lodge bothers.  Two bombs and seven RBI's.  I do give a little credit to Alex for staying with him and we may yet get the benefit of his awesome power on a more regular basis.  Let's not give up on him yet.

markj

Because it deserves mentioning, Sale had a immaculate inning in the 3rd. 9 strikes, 3 outs.

Sea Dog 23

The up and down Sox do have their sights on the #2 WC.  The A's have gone on a biggerf tailspin, going 2-9 against teams like M's, Giants, NYY.  That puts the Sox up 2.5 games for that WC spot.  Sox games left with the Rays could tell the tale.