GAME #128 - WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 25, 2021 - MINNESOTA TWINS @ BOSTON RED SOX

Started by markj, August 25, 2021, 08:48:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

markj

markj

Taylor done good in the 9th (surprisingly). Now the Sox need a couple of runs to avoid being embarrassed with a loss.

markj

markj

Men on 1st and 3rd with one out and Verdugo has lame AB and K's.

markj

Then Renfroe with a useless popup ends the threat. This team can't spell clutch, let alone play it.

markj

Robles gives up a 2-run dinger. That should do it. The Sox had their chance and could not get a clutch hit to bring in Xander for the win. Their plate discipline sux. Period.

Schloicka

Quote from: markj on August 25, 2021, 09:52:08 PM
Robles gives up a 2-run dinger. That should do it. The Sox had their chance and could not get a clutch hit to bring in Xander for the win. Their plate discipline sux. Period.

Yep. Sox had runner on 2nd with no outs in 9th and couldn't get him in.

markj

markj

markj

Sox with 12 LOBsters and 3-13 with RISP. This is a total lack of baseball fundamentals. They cannot get even simple base hits when they need them. Fire the entire coaching staff and start over.

markj

Vaz drives in a run, but also hits into a DP, which clears the bases. Then Kike goes yard, but just a solo, thanks to Vaz. Sox still down 9-6.

Bill-806

As DAD would say , "SON , the RED SOX giving up 9 runs per game is like the PATRIOTS giving up 3 touchdowns" !!! thumb_d iono iono sigh sigh sigh rofl rofl rofl

longgame

Quote from: markj on August 25, 2021, 10:05:30 PM
Sox with 12 LOBsters and 3-13 with RISP. This is a total lack of baseball fundamentals. They cannot get even simple base hits when they need them. Fire the entire coaching staff and start over.

Well said Mark.  This was another embarrassment.  For anything one guy does well, 3 other guys screw up.  When Vaz got on I just knew he'd run into an out, but I figured he'd try to steal third or something.  Verdugo has the 2020s young baseball player - not everything you stand and watch will go out.  I remember when guys would run all out and go into a trot somewhere close to second base.

Of course for a day we all hoped that Robles may be the answer, but if he is then I don't know what the question was.  So to recap, poor pitching, poor hitting, poor baserunning and another loss.

I have been holding out some sort of hope for these guys but it's over.  Just can't see them winning a one game wild card game never mind a series.

SeaBeachFred

Good thing I had to go to UrgenT Care to get a cinder or something out of my eye so I didn't have to see the embarrassing display of our team last night.  First of all Cora has shits for brains.  He has to know by now that Martinez cannot play the outfield and needs to DH.  Psychologically he wants to see his at-bats after each trip to the plate and he can't do that playing in the FIELD where he nervously worries over his last at-bat.  Doesn't Cora know this by know or does he insist he knows best as the smartest man in the room? Cora, you're not that smart; in fact, you lOok pretty dumb to me on most fronts. and I once again shout to the world that Prune Face should never have hired you back and let Bloom bring in his own guy.   That said, I can only say this:  IF THE RED SOX LOSE TONIGHT AND THIS SERIES THEY ARE TOTALLY TOAST AND BACKING UP THE TRUCK SHOULD BEGIN AS SOON AS POSSIBLE WITH THAT FILTHY ROTTEN CHEATER THE FIRST TO CLIMB IN THE BACK.