GAME #126 - MONDAY, AUGUST 23, 2021 - TEXAS RANGERS @ BOSTON RED SOX

Started by markj, August 22, 2021, 09:54:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elktonnick

longgame

elktonnick

longgame

Wow, he can’t help but blow it and is getting roundly booed.  Ground rule double only delays the winning run coming in.

markj

elktonnick

Another great performance by Barnes!   I hope this ends once and for all Barnes as closer.

elktonnick

The question is if the Sox do not score will Shit for brains Manager have Whitlock come back in the 10 th

elktonnick

In my mind Cora blew this game ( if they lose) when he took out EovaldI after 7.

Schloicka

Quote from: elktonnick on August 23, 2021, 03:21:57 PM
In my mind Cora blew this game ( if they lose) when he took out EovaldI after 7.

Not sure how? Texas didn't score in the 8th and Barnes was still going to pitch the 9th. Maybe the Sox offense should try scoring a few tack on runs when they get the chance.

elktonnick

He should have let EovaldI try to complete the game.  He had only thrown 80+ pitches.  He was dominating the Rangers and showed no signs of tiring.

markj

elktonnick

Schloicka

Quote from: elktonnick on August 23, 2021, 03:50:26 PM
He should have let EovaldI try to complete the game.  He had only thrown 80+ pitches.  He was dominating the Rangers and should no signs of tiring.

According to the box score he had 94 pitches. He was done in by the pitch count.

elktonnick

Obviously I do not give crap about pitch count.  He was strong and showed no signs of tiring.  He could have easily thrown at least another inning.  EovaldI is capable of going well over a hundred.