5. Jonah Heim (S) C
6. DJ Peters (R) CF
7. Jason Martin (L) LF
8. Nick Solak (R) 2B
9. Andy Ibanez (R) DH

Gametime Temp: 75°F
Chance of Precip: 8%

longgame

Schwarber in LF, JDM back to DH.  This is the strongest lineup they've put on the field all year.  Let's see what they can do against one of the worst teams in the league today. 

Sea Dog 23

Schwarby played LF when the Cubs brought him up.  He should really know what’s going on out there if he’s aware of the Monster.  He doesn’t know 1B.  And JD should remain the DH. 

I saw some pre-game notes that Arroyo is back in Boston for this game, as a reserve.  Arauz was optioned to AAA.

longgame

Saw that about Arroyo and also saw Schwarber would start a game at 1B this week.  Not sure what the plan is for Arroyo but 1B seems to still be an issue to me. 

longgame

Someone needs to call the Rangers' hotel and remind them of game time at 1PM.  No lineup posted yet which is very late.

Sea Dog 23

Quote from: longgame on August 23, 2021, 10:22:55 AM
Someone needs to call the Rangers' hotel and remind them of game time at 1PM.  No lineup posted yet which is very late.

Until Sat. nights game the Rangers were 1-15 on the road since July.  They’re probably still puzzled how Saturday ever happened.

elktonnick

If you notice the great play by Devers and by Sweirber in the 5th, Dalbec is totally out of position standing by the catcher with Eovaldi leaving no one covering 1st.  Devers beats him back to 1st.  This is right after his error on Bogeys.  Dalbec is playing brain dead baseball.

longgame

Well I was right.  The Sox powerhouse lineup has scored TWICE as many runs as the Rangers so far.  Sox lead 2-1.  Just watched them with guys on 1st and 2nd to watch Schwarber strike out badly and JDM fly out to CF to end the inning.  Pathetic looking. 

elktonnick

Quote from: longgame on August 23, 2021, 01:44:02 PM
Well I was right.  The Sox powerhouse lineup has scored TWICE as many runs as the Rangers so far.  Sox lead 2-1.  Just watched them with guys on 1st and 2nd to watch Schwarber strike out badly and JDM fly out to CF to end the inning.  Pathetic looking.
[/quote

These guys are swinging for the fences on every pitch, except Devers who tries to bunt.  They are playing stupid baseball..  EovaldI is pitching well.  I hope it isn't a wasted effort.

elktonnick

We are now going to see the effects of Blooms micromanaging by analytics, even though Nate is in complete control throwing 100 in the 7th with less than 90 pitches, they are going to bring in Ottavino.

elktonnick

elktonnick

Ottavino pitches as expected.  Needless drama but out of the inning.

Sea Dog 23

After 7, our 3-4 batters Bogey and JD, are 0-7, drawing 1 walk, and leaving 10 runners on base.  Not good.

longgame

Sounds like it was a good thing I was on a conference call for the past 45 minutes.