5. Jonah Heim (S) C
6. Yohel Pozo (R) DH
7. Yonny Hernandez (S) 2B
8. Jason Martin (L) LF
9. Andy Ibanez (R) 1B

Gametime Temp: 76°F
Chance of Precip: 14%

longgame

Sale pitching is about the only reason I can find to watch this game.  Just so hard to watch lately. 

Sea Dog 23

Did the Sox post lineups this late in the day last year?  I guess they’re still moving pieces around. Houck sent down to Worcester again, I think I read. He probably drives over there himself.

What I’m looking forward to is the return of Arroyo. He was a cog in our offense in several games this summer.  He did two rehab games this week, and there was talking he could play tonight in Boston. Of course for him to come up, somebody must be optioned.

Bill-806

WE CAN WIN WITH THIS LINEUP !!!!   GO SOX !!!!!! thumb_u  rofl rofl

longgame

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on August 20, 2021, 01:19:47 PM
Did the Sox post lineups this late in the day last year?  I guess they’re still moving pieces around. Houck sent down to Worcester again, I think I read. He probably drives over there himself.

What I’m looking forward to is the return of Arroyo. He was a cog in our offense in several games this summer.  He did two rehab games this week, and there was talking he could play tonight in Boston. Of course for him to come up, somebody must be optioned.

They seem to be later than they have been in the past.  I'm not sure why, but it seems like a lot of teams are later.  There may have been some sort of rule change for managers to post them or something. 

I agree, would like to see Arroyo back.  You know Bloom and I think Cora both made reference to guys coming back as a reason for not getting anyone else at the deadline.  The Yankees had even more guys who were coming back and they still made deals. 

JDM is in the field again.  Why make the team so much weaker?  Why does Renfroe have a day off? I guess it's the only way to get Schwarber in the lineup.  Just frustrating to watch our big acquisition actually somehow make the team a little weaker. 

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: longgame on August 20, 2021, 04:02:10 PM
Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on August 20, 2021, 01:19:47 PM

They seem to be later than they have been in the past.  I'm not sure why, but it seems like a lot of teams are later.  There may have been some sort of rule change for managers to post them or something. 

I agree, would like to see Arroyo back.  You know Bloom and I think Cora both made reference to guys coming back as a reason for not getting anyone else at the deadline.  The Yankees had even more guys who were coming back and they still made deals. 

JDM is in the field again.  Why make the team so much weaker?  Why does Renfroe have a day off? I guess it's the only way to get Schwarber in the lineup.  Just frustrating to watch our big acquisition actually somehow make the team a little weaker.

Cora still thinks he is the smartest man in the room.  Putting JDM in the outfield prevents him from watching video of his swing between at-bats.  To him that is very very important and psychologically it gets him physically and mentally ready.  To keep him in the outfield and bench Renfroe is the dumbest thing that the FRC has done---and he seems to make those bonehead calls very often now.

markj

Good pitching and some decent offense. Seems the Sox can do ok against the bottom feeder teams.

Sea Dog 23

Yeah, funny how changing opponents paint a different picture.  Vaz is now making contact, new guys Robles and Davis are doing their jobs.  Sadly they can’t get Schwarber in the lineup beyond DH.  The guy certainly has a knack for getting on base.

MongoLikeSox

I hate to see Renfroe's ABs get reduced, and I cannot imagine the whole lack of development reps is doing Duran any good.