6. Maikel Franco (R) 3B
7. Jorge Mateo (R) 2B
8. Richie Martin (R) SS
9. Austin Wynns (R) C

Gametime Temp: 81°F
Chance of Precip: 37%

markj

Sea Dog 23

I think it’s been said they held Sale back from pitching in the Rays series to keep his competitive juices from pitching against a stacked lineup like they bring.

Bill-806

No doubt , this is the game for sale to start his comeback .........   thumb_u

longgame

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on August 14, 2021, 12:20:54 AM
I think it’s been said they held Sale back from pitching in the Rays series to keep his competitive juices from pitching against a stacked lineup like they bring.

They would have had to back up his entire rehab schedule to do that.  Doesn't make sense, he pitched in Worcester on Sunday.

SeaBeachFred

Yesterday was somewhat encouraging.  I don't diss the Orioles despite their record because ours hasn't been all that swift lately.  Perhaps Dalbec is finally getting untracked (eight RBI's in two games0, Duran might be finally ready to show his real talent, and we have Sale back today and that is a big challenge for us.  If we can get untracked we might actually be able to turn this recent nightmare around.  I was elated that Marwin was DFA's but that doesn't mean he is totally gone unless he is released when his clears waivers (which should be a slam dunk).  We've had a real bad losing streak of late; we need a decent winning one now.  With Richards and Perez finally out of the starting rotation we might be able now to make some kind of move I hope.  I also want to be Kyle Shwarber start to hit for us.  I'm keeping my crossed on all of these things.

Bill-806

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on August 14, 2021, 02:33:39 PM
Yesterday was somewhat encouraging.  I don't diss the Orioles despite their record because outs hasn't been all that swift lately.  Perhaps Dalbec is finally getting untracked (eight RBI's in two games0, Duran might be finally ready to show his real talent, and we have Sale back today and that is a big challenge for us.  If we can get untracked we might actually be able to turn this recent nightmare around.  I was elated that Marwin was DFA's but that doesn't mean he is totally gone unless he is released when his clears waivers (which should be a slam dunk).  We've had a real bad losing streak of late; we need a decent winning one now.  With Richards and Perez finally out of the starting rotation we might be able now to make some kind of move I hope.  I also want to be Kyle Shwarber start to hit for us.  I'm keeping my crossed on all of these things.
4 - 0 as we speak, sox !!! thumb_u thumb_u

Sea Dog 23

Sale with 2 runs 3 hits (two of those are dingers) 5 Ks in 3 innings pitched.

elktonnick

markj

SeaBeachFred

I like the lineup we put out there today with one exception. I think Plawecki deserves to catch more often.  Vazquez has not had a good season at all and lately he has been minus at the plate and on the bases. Plew is a better hitter too than Vaz and we need the strongest lineup we can get.  Maybe they will share the catching position because one is hitting well and over 300, the other is mired in the low 250's.  Perhaps Christian being challenged will bring out the best in him.  As for today, yes I know it was the Orioles but some of our guys are looking like they are getting ready to go on a tear.   I hope Dalbec is finally in his groove because he has very good power and that is not easy to come by.  Sale was solid except for the third inning. We must now keep it up.

Bill-806

Welcome back , CHRIS SALE !!!!!  GO SOX   One game at a time !!!!    thumb_u thumb_u