GAME #118 - FRIDAY, AUGUST 13, 2021 - BALTIMORE ORIOLES @ BOSTON RED SOX

Started by markj, August 12, 2021, 10:16:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

markj

markj

Attaboy, Dalbec. We'll need every run we can get with Richards coming in.

markj

markj

Two good innings from Richards. These are the O's, after all, so too early to draw conclusions.

markj

Schloicka

Richards with the 3 inning save. Something positive to put next to his name for a change.

Bill-806

We could go undefeated the rest of the way ???? iono iono iono

longgame

I was really worried about Richards.  He didn't look happy in the bullpen when he was warming up.  So I was quite surprised to see him come in and get the job done.  Can't get too excited about shutting down the Orioles though.

BTW their broadcast team is as bad as they are on the field.  Palmer is good, but they get fed bad stats.  Last night they were talking about Dalbec's triple the other day and mentioned it was the first triple at Fenway in some crazy number of years.  So I guess they missed the one from Duran a few days before.  Or how Mookie who led the league in triples may have had one or two. 

elktonnick

Quote from: longgame on August 14, 2021, 11:23:11 AM
I was really worried about Richards.  He didn't look happy in the bullpen when he was warming up.  So I was quite surprised to see him come in and get the job done.  Can't get too excited about shutting down the Orioles though.

BTW their broadcast team is as bad as they are on the field.  Palmer is good, but they get fed bad stats.  Last night they were talking about Dalbec's triple the other day and mentioned it was the first triple at Fenway in some crazy number of years.  So I guess they missed the one from Duran a few days before.  Or how Mookie who led the league in triples may have had one or two. 

When Angelos (the worst owner in baseball if not in all sports) had to pay 100 million to the Nationals after losing the law suit over MASN their jointly owned regional sports network, he fired all of the O's announcers except Palmer allegedly to save money.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Schloicka on August 14, 2021, 03:54:23 AM
Richards with the 3 inning save. Something positive to put next to his name for a change.

Jus keep him in the bullpen; he might be more effective there.  He sure was a dud as a starter..  Maybe relieving is his niche; starting sure doesn't appear to be.