6. Pedro Severino (R) C
7. Maikel Franco (R) 3B
8. Jorge Mateo (R) 2B
9. Richie Martin (R) SS

Gametime Temp: 83°F
Chance of Precip: 2%

markj

Sea Dog 23

The Jays lost to Ohtani and Yanks fell to Chisox as their bullpen collapsed.  So Boston remains ahead 4 games and 2 games respectively, by my math.
In the loss column we’re 1 ahead of those teams, but 3 behind the A’s.  As Mark alludes to, it’s getting down to cases real fast.

Bill-806

Sea Dog 23

As far as the Sox nosedive and team morale, if you believe the players are disheartened by lack of attention to all the holes in the lineup, I'll try to paraphrase the gist of what Bloomer told WEEI yesterday.  ' If you think the players were adversely affected by any of the trades we made last week, you were never a true fan of this team when they started back in April.'  (If anybody read it differently, please give me a clue what he was trying to say)

longgame

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on August 13, 2021, 08:45:30 AM
As far as the Sox nosedive and team morale, if you believe the players are disheartened by lack of attention to all the holes in the lineup, I'll try to paraphrase the gist of what Bloomer told WEEI yesterday.  ' If you think the players were adversely affected by any of the trades we made last week, you were never a true fan of this team when they started back in April.'  (If anybody read it differently, please give me a clue what he was trying to say)

Let's see now.  In first place.  All the other teams made moves.  This team really needed moves since they already had needs and had a starter go down.  They didn't make any moves.  They went on a losing streak.  Someone needs to teach this guy cause and effect.  He clearly didn't think this team was any good at the beginning of the season or in July. 

I get his logic, but I really think when you find yourself in position you address your weaknesses and move forward.   And now they'll cry poverty because they can't get fans to go.

Sea Dog 23

Rob Bradford says Marwin has been DFA'd to make room for .....

"Kyle Schwarber in lineup tonight; Marwin Gonazlez DFA'd."

Another move, Houck demoted to Worcester again to make room for Verdugo tonight, although Houck will likely return to pitch against New York on Tuesday. 

longgame

Both Verdugo and Schwarber in but JDM out.  Still, those two are big additions right now and hopefully will help.

Schloicka

Quote from: longgame on August 13, 2021, 04:54:13 PM
Both Verdugo and Schwarber in but JDM out.  Still, those two are big additions right now and hopefully will help.

Hopefully in the near future it will be Schwarber at 1st and JD at DH. Let Vaz and Plawecki battle it out for the catching duties.

Bill-806

Can you feel it ????  "building back better" !!!!  Thank You , GRASSHOPPER !!!!! thumb_u rofl rofl rofl

Sea Dog 23

I notice that Dalbec is going righty on righty tonight.  I suspect that Cordero is either going out the door, or he is just slim pickins tonight.  Eventually Schwarb could be a LH platoon at 1B if he can play there.

Sea Dog 23

The bottom of the order is in on the action tonight.  Plawecki, Duran and Dalbec all hitting.  Schwarby was able to draw a walk and later score.  His OBP is now 1.000

I have sworn not to say the score until the Sox can figure out what the he!! they're doing this year.

Schloicka

Pivetta needs to show he can go 6 innings now after 5 good innings.

markj

Quote from: Schloicka on August 13, 2021, 07:52:15 PM

He did. Would like to see these guys go 7.

Schloicka

Quote from: Schloicka on August 13, 2021, 07:52:15 PM

Nice job by Pivetta. 6 good innings.