GAME #115 - TUESDAY, AUGUST 10, 2021 - TAMPA BAY RAYS @ BOSTON RED SOX

Started by markj, August 10, 2021, 08:19:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill-806

i CAN'T STAND HOW THEY LOSE BALL GAMES , NO URGENCY , NO PITCHING , NO FIRE !!!!!!! SWEEPING CHANGES , NOW GRASSHOPPER !!!!! thumb_d thumb_d :losers :losers iono iono sigh sigh rofl rofl rofl

Murph

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on August 11, 2021, 04:40:31 AM
Cora lost the team in '19, and it looks to be the story again in '21.  He was saved by being suspended last year.  But against the Rays the starter one again can only go 5 innings or so.  That just can't happen with a bullpen lacking much quality, and with this crew having to manage 4-5 innings every night for months, they are toast.

There was a tweet overnight.  'Since July 21, Pawlecki is the only batter to have gotten a hit with a runner on third  with fewer than two outs.'  That is sad.  On top of that the batters can't seem to draw walks, making their OBP some of the worst in the league.  I don't think this is a team having morale problems from not getting good trades at the deadline.  I think they were just a mediocre team all year, having a good start, but wilting away when they had to play the top clubs in the ALEast night after night since late June.

OVERACHIEVERS THE 1ST HALF SUMS UPTHIS TEAM.

elktonnick

Their manager and coaches also need to step up their game.  I don't think it is ability as much as it is mental.  Their approach at the plate as a group sucks.  The pitchers aren't pitching to the batter or situation.  Lenny Dinardo has been excellent at pointing this out.  In his own quiet way he has excoriated Barnes entire approach to hitters.

For the second game Codero totally misjudged a foul ball.  Codero  simply is not ready to play first base. It is unfair to him to play him there.

The players are playing stupid baseball.  The coaches are coaching stupidly and the manager is managing stupidly. iono

Bill-806

Quote from: elktonnick on August 11, 2021, 07:07:46 AM
Their manager and coaches also need to step up their game.  I don't think it is ability as much as it is mental.  Their approach at the plate as a group sucks.  The pitchers aren't pitching to the batter or situation.  Lenny Dinardo has been excellent at pointing this out.  In his own quiet way he has excoriated Barnes entire approach to hitters.

For the second game Codero totally misjudged a foul ball.  Codero  simply is not ready to play first base. It is unfair to him to play him there.

The players are playing stupid baseball.  The coaches are coaching stupidly and the manager is managing stupidly. iono
B I N G O ON ALL COUNTS !!!!! CODERO MISSPLAYS THAT FOUL BALL & YOU COULD FEEL THE UNRAVELING COMING ALL THE WAY DOWN HERE IN SARASOTA FLORIDA !!! THANKS ALEX, THAT ONE IS ON YOU !!! thumb_d thumb_d sigh sigh sigh

Bill-806

longgame

Quote from: elktonnick on August 11, 2021, 07:07:46 AM

It's amazing how they seem to be failing at pretty much everything.  Last night they showed signs of life but then crapped their pants every time they had men in scoring position.  The inability to drive in a run is striking.  To a man they have terrible at bats.  How telling to watch them hack at every breaking pitch coming their way, no matter where it's going, while the Rays, not a patient team, sits there and waits for pitches in the zone, knowing Sox pitchers are terrified to throw strikes.  It's freaking amazing to watch.

It's such a shame because if they had Arroyo and Scwharber in there instead of Cordero and Duran or Dalbec, they'd likely be able to sustain some rallies.  But by the time these guys get here it will be too late. 

I'm pretty sure the Sox were 3 games up on the Rays after the All star break, even aruond the end of July.  They've lost 8 games to the pack since then.

MongoLikeSox

There is nothing here is going on that was not predictable. Cora's "stay the course" message is the definition of insanity according to the popular saying "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results".

Playing homer ball doesn't work. never has, never will. Air cools down in October even if you do make it that far. Ironic that the team score all their runs by HRs goes to crap when the rest of baseball decides to learn how to hit again.

There is a price to pay for overusing the hot arms in the bullpen.

There is a price to pay for not giving young arms their due chances. They overthrow when they get off the train in AAA.

Is Feltman feeling how close he is now?

This one's a few weeks old now, but I'll say it again now that it's getting serious stupid. Munoz or Santana. (go look at Munoz career numbers, in case you're unsure. )