GAME #80 - TUESDAY, JUNE 29, 2021 - KANSAS CITY ROYALS @ BOSTON RED SOX

Started by markj, June 28, 2021, 09:54:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MongoLikeSox

Quote from: rkarp on June 30, 2021, 08:27:12 AM
the entire roster is contributing to winning. sure, some more so than others, but everyone is contributing.
I saw Franchy getting some practice time at 1B. could Franchy for Santana be on the way? would Santana accept the demotion and go down to 3A and find his swing?
Dalbac with a decent June.
not sure what else Duran has to prove in 3A?
Sale, Houck and Brazier with fresh arms would be most welcome in July.
Anyone have any idea how well Duran is doing on defense?

MongoLikeSox

I saw Franchy getting some practice time at 1B. could Franchy for Santana be on the way? would Santana accept the demotion and go down to 3A and find his swing?
I saw an article regarding Franchy in the Athletic. I had no idea he started off in the IF. 165 games at Shortstop, IIRC. That explains his Hanley-like prowess in the OF.

Sea Dog 23

Quote from: MongoLikeSox on July 01, 2021, 05:30:36 AM
I saw an article regarding Franchy in the Athletic. I had no idea he started off in the IF. 165 games at Shortstop, IIRC. That explains his Hanley-like prowess in the OF.

Yes, there is a logjam that Bloom has created at Wooster and Boston.  A solution is to DFA Santana to clear a spot on the 40 man, which will allow Duran's arrival in July.  Could be Bloom says , hold on, we're trying Franchy out at 1st, and he will get the first nod for the next promotion.  He likes Franchy because that was his deal to solve the outfield crunch.  HAHA.  Anyway, a platoon at 1st with Bobby and Franchy.    Does anybody foresee a trade for some extra pieces?  Wilson, Chavis, Franchy, Munoz.

MongoLikeSox

- At this point, Franchy has only gotten some BP reps, if I am not mistaken.
- We screwed up rushing Franchy once already this season.
- Arroyo can come back tomorrow, IIRC. The simplest, repeatable version is to send Chavis back down.
- It's a July trip to the West Coast. Sox love to bring the kids up on the mid-late west coast runs. Just saying.
- Think of the log-jam Bloom created at 1B and 2B on the big club. If we promote Duran or Wilson, that is going to get bigger.
- Meises is another OF'er that has put together a nice 1/3 season so far, split between Portland and Worcester. Not on 40-man.
- DFA'ing Santana is one of 4 feasible options to clearing spots in the short term Bazardo, Mata and Seabold can be retro'd to 60-day status if I am not mistaken. Figure one of those spots is saved for Sale, one for Brazier.

The Olympic squad has yet to be released. We know Casas is going, but I don't know Duran is for sure. He had good qualifiers. Perhaps that is some writing on the wall that we're seeing? Not on the Olympics meaning that an MLB spot is imminent?   

longgame

Franchy doesn't solve many problems unless he can play infield defense and he doesn't look like an agile infielder to me.  If they bring him up it means moving Verdugo and Renfro around and losing some game time.  Neither of those are good options, these guys are clicking.  If the Sox want to make moves it will have to be at CF (which won't happen because Cora's known Kiki since he was a kid in PR and has another year on his deal) or at 2B. 

On the pitching side Sale looked good in his short outing yesterday.  It begs the question - do the Sox need another starter or are Sale and maybe Houck the answer there?

rkarp

I would think if Duran is up, he is in CF everyday, and Arroyo is at 2B everyday. Kike is that utilty guy in all OF spots and 2b and maybe 3b? most likely makes Marwin odd man out