5. Ryan O'Hearn (L) DH
6. Emmanuel Rivera (R) 3B
7. Hunter Dozier (R) LF
8. Michael A. Taylor (R) CF
9. Nicky Lopez (L) SS

Gametime Temp: 87°F
Chance of Precip: 3%

Sea Dog 23

I would imagine Beni is still on the IL, ribs again.  For whatever reason I wore his game jersey jogging today.   sigh sigh

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on June 28, 2021, 12:51:52 PM
I would imagine Beni is still on the IL, ribs again.  For whatever reason I wore his game jersey jogging today.   sigh sigh

I could give you a reason  or two why you wore that jersey Sea Dog.  It was readily available for you to put on, and, more important, you are aware as I am that Andrew played a big part in two divisional titles and a big WS triumph for us.  It is the same reason why I have a hard time booing Mookie Betts even though he plays for one of my two most despised teams.  It may also be reason I'm wearing a Big Papi memorable shirt my wife got me because every time I see it or wear it I know where we were before David got on our team and where we went after he donned the Red Sox RED.  The way I look at it, any player who helped big time in helping the Red Sox win a World Series stands tall with me forever.

Sea Dog 23

I don’t know about this year’s Sox, Fred. I admire what they have accomplished this year, but heck, so many players on one-year deals it’s hard to say which guys will be Sox next year.  With the new guys, I think Kike’ is the only guy with a ‘22 guarantee.  It is a bridge year, but they could get a wild card if the Yanks keep faltering.  We’ve apparently got a good one in Renfroe, but Im not sure Bloom thinks in those terms.  He has a different concept for player value!

markj

elktonnick

Amazing that Richards lasted as long as he did.  Watching pitch is like watching a high wire act.

markj

Now let's see if Sawamura can hold. Already gave up a single.

markj

markj

markj

Sox had bases loaded, but nothing to show for it. Up to Barnes now.

markj

The Comeback Kids do it again. Good win. TB was idle tonight, so Sox are up by a game now.

And the Yankees lost again. Always a good thing.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: markj on June 28, 2021, 09:16:19 PM
The Comeback Kids do it again. Good win. TB was idle tonight, so Sox are up by a game now.

And the Yankees lost again. Always a good thing.

A couple of points I'd like to make about this game tonight.  First we came back from a large deficit to win the game and gain a little ground on our pursuers, but we cannot keep sending Garrett Richards out to the mound.  If he doesn't walk a bunch of batters he gives up a ton of hits (eight tonight in four innings and put us behind 5-1 after only two innings.)  He needs to be sent to the bullpen and used for mop-up work until he shows he can get outs from the get-go instead of getting bombed from batter one.  A good outcome tonight was Barnes going in the ninth inning with only a one run lead and getting three strait outs.  He has always had trouble hold a one run lead in a closing role and that I think was badly needed by him.

MongoLikeSox

Barnes came out tonight with nothing that reminded us of his new approach.

I'm saying anything about the decisions involved. I'm defending no one. Just curious. Didn't Beni want out of Boston?

Sea Dog 23

Looks like Richards figured out his problem.  It's not mechanics,  it's "I could pitch better if I stopped sweating so much."  This guy is a highlight reel every time out, in the game and in the presser. 

elktonnick

As Yogi said " Ninety per cent of this game is half mental"